Velocity Micro Intros 23.6" AIO Windows 8 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyFi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
You know what would make it fit in to a "kitchen, living room, home office, or bedroom" even better? A touch screen.

WhyFi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Touch for desktop computer is stoopid. Touch is only for tablets and smartphones.[/citation]
Touch is also for desktops with OSes optimized for touch, strangely enough.

Touch is great for environments that will see more casual use, which is why it's great for tablets and phones, as you mention. In a kitchen, LR or BR, it's also likely to be used casually, driven primarily by media consumption - pictures, music, videos, recipes, browsing, etc. In the event that you need to clack out something substantial, there's nothing keeping you from having a wireless keyboard/mouse in a drawer nearby. As homes become more networked, touch screens will play a larger role in home automation, too.

G

I care less about how it looks and more about discrete graphics. This will be another all-in-one I will not purchase.

G

Looks like more generic china BS that been rebranded by a small uninspiring company trying to make a profit to keep themselves alive. Unfortunately this computer is not innovative in any way and offers really nothing that would peak my interest whatsoever. Better luck next time Velocity Micro!

Status
Not open for further replies.