Velocity Micro Intros New 'NX' Chassis For Three Custom SFF PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Why not slim optical drive?

Because a 5.25 slot is not a dedicated optical drive bay. Some may want to use it for a fan controller or card reader. With a 5.25 slot an adapter can be used to fit a slim optical drive and a 3.5 card reader.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Oh hello Lian Li Q11, that's a nice new name you have there.

The case can also handle a full-sized internal ATX 80Plus power supply, meaning customers won't have to deal with an annoying power brick.

So the author nor Velocity Micro have heard of Silverstone's 450W and 600W Gold-rated SFX power supplies then? Y'know the ones that deliver more than enough power for a single GPU system without the unnecessary size of a full ATX unit.

I'm seriously starting to lament that all of these supposed SFF cases and systems are totally the opposite. I'm sorry, but if I can fit a Titan, 2 SSDs and a 120mm AIO water cooler into a Silverstone SG05 then what are the pro's excuses? If only the SG05 was half an inch longer I wouldn't have needed to chop a hole in the interior.

mesmorized

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
I'd really like to see this case tested in regards to thermals. In particular, I'm concerned about the heat dissipation of the CPU. I'm considering building a similarly sized gaming rig using the Silverstone TJ08B-E which has been shown to have excellent thermal dissipation using a 180mm Air Penetrator fan. But I'm willing to consider something like this NX all aluminum case, if it can prove itself in a stress test.

Status
Not open for further replies.