News Vendors Finally Pair Ryzen CPUs and High-End GPUs In Laptops

Mar 28, 2020
the Ranoi APUs only have 8x pcie3.0 so over rtx2070 wasn't possible , that's the reason why OEM did not match it with a high-end GPU

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
It's not about balls, it's about the costs of developing and support multiple platforms as well as OEM vendor support which AMD has a terrible track record for in the mobile space.
Don't forget that Renoir was limited to PCIe 3.0 x8, so some of the higher end GPUs wouldn't always perform as well on AMD laptops as they would on Intel.

Xajel

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
I was waiting for Lenovo Legion Slim 7 with Ryzen 4800/4900H & RTX 2060 Max-Q. It's the almost perfect laptop for me. Sadly, it was supposed to launch in October, but it's now Dec. and nothing out there except in mid Nov. it appeared in Lenovo's psref database but only in few European countries. I wish they only made it this limited because of how stupidly close it became to the next gen. APU's and GPU's. I mean having this in November and two months later we have a much better APU's and GPU's is just plain stupid.

I question how well the mobile RTX3xxx series will stack up against the mobile Radeon 6xxx series. Especially given the higher tdp required to achieve clocks that'll compete with the AMD counterparts. The Ryzen/Radeon 6xxx combo might be the best choice for mobile gaming. We'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: prtskg