Question VeraCrypt Rescue Disk ISO on a USB flash drive

Jun 25, 2019
Hello!
I installed a new operating system on another partition without dual boot.
The partition was encrypted with VeraCrypt and I can no longer open it.
The VeraCrypt Rescue Disk (ISO) doesn't want to boot too.
How to mount it on a USB flash drive from a Mac? There are tutorials on Windows but not on Mac.
UNetbootin does not work. The computer starts up immediately on the other system.

Thank you!

If I read correctly, you have two problems:
  • your computer (PC or MAC) can't boot off USB or CD
  • you had VeraCrypt-protected partition you cannot access

You're saying: "installed new OS on another partition", and "the partition was encrypted". If you're talking about same partition, "installed new OS" has formatted it, and ALL the data is lost, including encrypted data.

Jun 25, 2019
If I read correctly, you have two problems:
  • your computer (PC or MAC) can't boot off USB or CD
  • you had VeraCrypt-protected partition you cannot access
You're saying: "installed new OS on another partition", and "the partition was encrypted". If you're talking about same partition, "installed new OS" has formatted it, and ALL the data is lost, including encrypted data.
Thank you for your reply.
My PC computer can boot on a USB flash drive (if the content is correct for boot).
The new OS was installed on another partition.
The encrypted VeraCrypt partition is still here with my previous system but I cannot boot from this partition because on the BIOS, I can only choose for the Disk (he will boot on my new system) or for my USB flash drive.
When I try to open the VeraCrypt partition from my new OS, there is an error like I don't type the good password even if I know it.
So for recover my VeraCrypt partition, I want to use my VeraCrypt Rescue Disk but I don't found how to mount it from a Mac (not my actual computer !).
Mounir Idrassi said it's possible to use http://sourceforge.net/projects/veracrypt/files/Contributions/VeraCryptUsbRescueDisk.zip/download but I can't since I don't have Windows.