VERIZON IS HARASSING PEOPLE!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

VERIZON IS HARASSING PEOPLE!

Do you get what appear to be hangup crank calls?
Dial *69 to trace the source.
If you get (309) 820-7777, you are being HARASSED BY VERIZON!

There is a loophole in the New York State law that bans telemarketers from
calling you if you are on the state "do not call" list. If you already do
business with them, they can call you all they want.

Verizon has automatic telemarketing dialers that do this. I have received as
many as 3 such calls a day. Should you call to complain, they tell you that
it takes from THIRTY TO SIXTY DAYS to stop these calls from being made to
you.

I found that unacceptable, so I complained to the New York State Public
Service Commission at (800) 342-3377. They contacted a Verizon official that
tried to expedite my removal from their calling list. The best they could
promise was that it will take TEN DAYS until these harassing hangup calls
will stop!

Meanwhile, they charge 75 cents for every use of *69!

And they wonder why people don't pay bills and vandalize Verizon pay phones!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

Yeah, they do that for their landline customers too.

I told them if they called me again I'd sue them in court. That
stopped them from calling :)

Dave

"Gordy" <kg0wx@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> stupid troll message

No, it's the truth.

You have nothing better to do than deny what you have no way of knowing is
true or not?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

I got a call from Verizon landline last night asking about more
services. Guy was really annoying and kept pushing his sales
pitch. I'm on do not call list already, so I'm surprised they
called. Maybe a loophole as I'm already a verizon customer?

Carl

In alt.cellular.verizon Carl S. Moore <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:
> I got a call from Verizon landline last night asking about more
> services. Guy was really annoying and kept pushing his sales
> pitch. I'm on do not call list already, so I'm surprised they
> called. Maybe a loophole as I'm already a verizon customer?

You and Freedom Fighter should be aware that Verizon can be sued for violating
the TCPA if you've told them to put you on their do-not-call list and they've
continued to call anyhow.

In <GdjHc.74030$OB3.60240@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net> "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net> writes:

>VERIZON IS HARASSING PEOPLE!

>There is a loophole in the New York State law that bans telemarketers from
>calling you if you are on the state "do not call" list. If you already do
>business with them, they can call you all they want.

Hey, loonface. We answered you in the other usenet group.

You're wrong, wrong, wrongitty wrong.

You want a second opinion? Ok. And you're ugly, too.

(to everyone else: Yes, there's a loophole in the Federal DNC list which
allows a business you've had contact with to call you - even if you've
signed up for the DNC. But once you tell them to get lost they're NOT
supposed to contact you again.

The usual exceptions regarding safety issues, and billing, etc., apply)

Oh, and before typing in other replies to Freedom Fighter, you might want
to go a'deja'ing about him.

dannyb@panix.com

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

309-820-7777
I traced the number to Bloomington, IL. When I called it they said "Thankyou
for calling Verizon our hours of operation are........." didn't mention
anything about being added to there in house do-not-call list. I'll have to
call during regular business hours. Have to ask their address as well, found
4 different offices in Bloomington, IL. listed below

http://www.peoria.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=0003000462
http://www.peoria.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=0003004281
http://www.peoria.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=0004004807
http://www.peoria.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=0009005323

--
peter_may_day

To email me, remove underwear, and insert, my name
my_name@yahoounderwear.com

Directory of unlisted phone numbers

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

309-820-7777
Funny thing, Verizons own phone number doesn't show up in Verizon Reverse
Number Lookup.
http://www22.verizon.com/utilities/reverselookup/?loc=HP

--

In alt.cellular.verizon peter_may_day <my_name@yahoounderwear.com> wrote:
> 309-820-7777
> Funny thing, Verizons own phone number doesn't show up in Verizon Reverse
> Number Lookup.
> http://www22.verizon.com/utilities/reverselookup/?loc=HP

First off, 309-820 probably isn't a Verizon exchange; Illinois is SBC
territory, and I don't know if Verizon is in that part of the state at all.

Second, it's trivially easy to forge caller ID if you have certain types
of phone lines.

Try this: http://www.searchbug.com/peoplefinder/landorcell.aspx

--
peter_may_day

To email me, remove underwear, and insert, my name
my_name@yahoounderwear.com

Directory of unlisted phone numbers

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

In alt.cellular.verizon peter_may_day <my_name@yahoounderwear.com> wrote:

> Try this: http://www.searchbug.com/peoplefinder/landorcell.aspx

Does it account for LNP? And what good is it if a company programs their
system to send false caller ID?

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:26:18 -0500, Steven J Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

>In alt.cellular.verizon peter_may_day <my_name@yahoounderwear.com> wrote:
>> 309-820-7777
>> Funny thing, Verizons own phone number doesn't show up in Verizon Reverse
>> Number Lookup.
>> http://www22.verizon.com/utilities/reverselookup/?loc=HP
>
>First off, 309-820 probably isn't a Verizon exchange; Illinois is SBC
>territory, and I don't know if Verizon is in that part of the state at all.
>
>Second, it's trivially easy to forge caller ID if you have certain types
>of phone lines.

Steve, you really should look things up before you say things ain't
so.

309-820 is Verizon North Inc. - IL in Bloomington

http://www.telcodata.us/telcodata/telco?npa=309&exchange=820
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

In alt.cellular.verizon Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>First off, 309-820 probably isn't a Verizon exchange; Illinois is SBC
>>territory, and I don't know if Verizon is in that part of the state at all.
>>
>>Second, it's trivially easy to forge caller ID if you have certain types
>>of phone lines.
>
> Steve, you really should look things up before you say things ain't
> so.
>
> 309-820 is Verizon North Inc. - IL in Bloomington

I said "probably" and "I don't know." However, my main point is that there
is no guarantee, with telemarketers, that the caller ID is accurate, although
the fact that Verizon has a presence there leads me to believe that it quite
possibly was a call directly from Verizon (as opposed to a slimy telemarketing
outfit)...

Steven J Sobol wrote:

> I said "probably" and "I don't know." However, my main
> point is that there is no guarantee, with telemarketers, that
> the caller ID is accurate,

Telemarketers (some) often spoof the caller ID with constantly
changed numbers. This circumvents people's screening process
where they don't answer no-caller-ID calls and remember repeat
caller IDs. Spam is spam and many techniques are applicable to
both phone and email.

-Quick

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

If you call it, they give you an option to get more infomation about
verizons do-not-call list.

--
peter_may_day

To email me, remove underwear, and insert, my name
my_name@yahoounderwear.com

Directory of unlisted phone numbers

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:26:18 -0500, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>In alt.cellular.verizon peter_may_day <my_name@yahoounderwear.com> wrote:
>> 309-820-7777
>> Funny thing, Verizons own phone number doesn't show up in Verizon Reverse
>> Number Lookup.
>> http://www22.verizon.com/utilities/reverselookup/?loc=HP
>
>First off, 309-820 probably isn't a Verizon exchange; Illinois is SBC
>territory, and I don't know if Verizon is in that part of the state at all.

GTE had some local franchises in Illinois that Verizon may now have. I
don't know if Bloomington was one of them.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons." - Spock