Verizon Launching Internet TV Next Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
As I see it, they are really only trying to maintain their revenue stream because I am sure that they see a trend of people dropping their crap service in favor of other means of delivery of content. I would not be surprised if they try charging more for this service than they do for traditional subscription TV services.

Even so, after having dropped Dish Network and gone to a streaming / OTA solution where I pay less than 1/5 what I was paying for what amounts to essentially the same content, I would NEVER consider this.

If even behemoth Intel dropped the idea, there has to be a reason. My bet is that there is a good chance that if Verizon does this, their attempt will fail.

christinebcw

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Wiyosaya, how depressing. I was hoping for new Verizonized TV shows. Like...

CSI - Cable Service Investigators - where diligent Verizon staffers uncover criminal empires and depose evil monogothics named "Com" and "Cast" and maybe a few "Tim... Tim Warner" jokes on Channel 007.

Law & Order SUV - where Verizon vehicles finally get to shine on their own, rolling over evil competitors and foiling desperate wiring and cell-tower schemes.

Wiy, if you're right, though, none of this may transpire. Wot a shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.