Verizon's Droid X Get's Disassembled

Status
Not open for further replies.

idkhahaha

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
lol do we really need a guy to show normal people, how to disect a Droid X? Normal/daily people, only wants to know their cell phone functions properly, and not like iPhone 4.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
[citation][nom]callousdigits[/nom]"get's" disassembled? Not every "s" deserves an apostrophe, people![/citation]
lol yeah not like it get belongs to someone

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]callousdigits[/nom]"get's" disassembled? Not every "s" deserves an apostrophe, people![/citation]
It's a sad day indeed when people openly admit to reading nothing but the article title.

PuckerFactor

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
I don't see the need to do this? Now if the guy pulled a Pacemaker out of his chest...then disassembled it...I'd be impressed...because that's entertainment!

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]idkhahaha[/nom]lol do we really need a guy to show normal people, how to disect a Droid X? Normal/daily people, only wants to know their cell phone functions properly, and not like iPhone 4.[/citation]

[citation][nom]PuckerFactor[/nom]I don't see the need to do this? Now if the guy pulled a Pacemaker out of his chest...then disassembled it...I'd be impressed...because that's entertainment![/citation]

You folks must be lost. This is a hardware site, and as such, we like to see hardware get taken apart. It's very informative to know exactly how things work. We are not "normal" people.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
lol they didnt provide any info on how things work, its just pics of hardware how would you fig. out what fits where and does what?

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
cool phone but the guy talking it a part has no clue about tools at all. T5 star thing lol it is called a Torx T5 screw driver. Also was the phone actually running when he pulled the battery out it looked like the screen was on. That is really good for the phone NOTT!! Other than that great phone I never watched the video as I stopped it at the T5 star thingy I didnt want to watch him destroy the phone any farther.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]rocky1234[/nom]cool phone but the guy talking it a part has no clue about tools at all. T5 star thing lol it is called a Torx T5 screw driver. Also was the phone actually running when he pulled the battery out it looked like the screen was on. That is really good for the phone NOTT!! Other than that great phone I never watched the video as I stopped it at the T5 star thingy I didnt want to watch him destroy the phone any farther.[/citation]

Most phones could care less if they lose battery at any given moment. The worst that could happen is you lose any info updates since your last successful poweroff but this is uncommon on new phones. As a blackberry user, I have done this all too often; the phone is no worse for the wear after it reboots.

G

It is not harmful for the phone to remove the battery while it is on...many phones require a "battery pull" to actually reboot, using the power button basically just puts many devices in a sort of standby or sleep state, and doesn't actually turn them fully off. As joebob2000 posted in reference to his BlackBerry, the only way to TRULY turn a BlackBerry off is to remove the battery....and it doesn't matter what year device it is, either - both my ancient 8100 pearl and my Bold 9700 are that way, as well as my 8220 Pearl Flip , and the new Bold Dakota 9900.

Status
Not open for further replies.