Vertical flickering lines and bsod

JCJNL

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Hello.

I am experiencing some problems with my Inno 3D GTX 580 1.5gb graphics card. Today i got these vertical lines on my LED screen:
35b7ebce2c.jpg
here i am entering safe mode. They are present all the time(during boot, normal mode and safe mode). So i deleted the gfx driver completely and installed the newest drivers. After reboot i got the following bsod:
cd51698cc3.jpg
. I Googled this and found following fix: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6210-nvidia-nvlddmkm-sys-error-message , which i tried but without sucess.
I cannot boot in normal mode when having the newest drivers installed, only safe mode. The vertical lines are not affected at all.
I have previously in time had the "Nvidia Kernel Mode Driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered" messages.

My gfx has never been OC'ed.

Anyone having any ideas of what could be wrong and how could i fix this?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but seeing graphical artefacts like that during the POST/boot screens is usually the sign of a dead/dying card, it's hardware related and the driver failures only reinforce those feelings.
Try;
Take the card out and clean the PCI_E connector carefully, using a lint free cloth moistened in pure (rubbing) alcohol.
Remove and reseat the memory modules.
Try the card in another system (drivers aren't needed but a decent PSU is), you only need to confirm the lines carry over. If you don't have a system to test with most smaller computer stores will do the test for you, and if you're nice they may waive the diagnostic fee if you purchase a replacement off them.

JCJNL

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Thanks for answering.
Yes unfortunately that is also what i think - the card is dead. I will do a format of my computer to exclude anything else.