Question Vertical line crash

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello,
I have a problem with my computer when i launch a game it ll work fine after i resetted my pc. Then when i install too many apps i get vertical line crashes and i cant do anything until i do a hard reset
I have a r9 290 from msi the 4g gaming
If anybody knows what it is or what i can do or for further questions please tell me
I only changed my
Case
Ram
And psu
And you can always ask me about specs
Greets, Yorick

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Ok here come my specs
Msi r9 290 4g gaming
Asrock h81m-dgs
Seagate barracuda 1tb
125gb ssd from samsung
Intel i5-4440
Psu 600 w
Dont know which ram it is but 8gb 1600 speed
Its an pretty old system
Thx for all the help and how can i reset my graphics card and is it safe to do?

thermaltake tr2 s 600w
This PSU might be the culprit. The Thermaltake TR2 power supply is a VERY poor/inferior quality model, and they all have had bad reputation in the past as well. Don't ask why, but I've read many horror stories regarding this TR2 Model.

Not recommended for GAMING PCs. Replace this PSU ASAP. That's a very low-end TIER power supply. These TR2 models are mostly listed under the lowest category in the PSU hierarchy list. I won't advice you to use this TR2 Model. There is some risk factor. Grab yourself some other high quality power supply unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: lux1109

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
and what i wanna say is that google chrome does it on minimised size but when i do fullscreen it crashes and the more apps i have how faster it crashes if i put the speed down of the ram in the bios then it will crash less

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Ok this is so weird i just found something out... i dont have the r9 29o what my computer says but i have the r9 280 or r9 280x because that video card has other ports so my pc says it is wrong so i am gonna see if its 280 or 280x and then i will download the correct drivers