[SOLVED] Very high CPU usage in gaming?

Nov 1, 2020
Specs:
i3-9100 3.6GHz
UHD 630 [128 Dedicated Memory & 7GB Shared]
12GB RAM [1x8+1x4] 2400MHz

When playing Warframe for example both my CPU and GPU reach 95-100% I get my GPU reaching 100% as it is integrated but I don't get why my CPU would be so high as well. It the same is I change the setting to 720p low.

And it's not like i3-9100 is a top tear CPU, but it's fairly modern and should be capable of running pretty much most new game in 720p at least, not to mention that Warframe is from 2013.

Solution
You might want to check task manager to see what is using your CPU resources, and do a malware check. At the end of the day it is still just a 4c/4t cpu, so you have to consider your game's usage, plus any background tasks. Your i3 9100, core wise isn't any different than a 6th or 7th gen i5. Lower resolutions actually shift the load to the CPU, so that will not help CPU usage.

logainofhades

Titan
You might want to check task manager to see what is using your CPU resources, and do a malware check. At the end of the day it is still just a 4c/4t cpu, so you have to consider your game's usage, plus any background tasks. Your i3 9100, core wise isn't any different than a 6th or 7th gen i5. Lower resolutions actually shift the load to the CPU, so that will not help CPU usage.

Solution