Question Very low FPS out of nowhere

Jul 21, 2022
i have a legion 7i laptop specs are:
i711800h
rtx3060
16gb ram
1tb ssd

i launched a game other day and it was super low fps so i relaunched and then it was fine. after that game i played squad and normally get 60-70 fps and then mid way through playing it droppped to 15-25. woke up today tried to play and every single game i launch is the same thing. GPU is at 100% and render latency is like 175 ish. ram usage seems high to? over 7 gb sitting idle. no idea whats happening so i factory reset computer to see if it was a software issue but didnt help. could it still be software related? never dropped computer or anything. maybe it overheated sitting on my bed watching netflix??

brianseabury2

Honorable
Nov 26, 2017
if you hotboxed the blanket people are baking all around the world so not sure why youd do that now. but ive generally owned integrated graphics laptops. ive only owned 5 dedicated graphics laptops my entire life. most for 500 dollars or black friday deals. just normal blanket use I don't really understand why. but honestly gaming laptop manufacturers tend to put oversized components that have no chance of being cooled in the thin chassis there in. technically speaking youre supposed to play at lower resolutions in order to throttle them. I think you may have downgraded the card. I had a 1050ti that could do 1080p ultra or possibly high but I damaged it and now Im stuck with 720p ultra but it wasnt that bad since all games were able to run at 720p ultra and the card was essentially just idling.

that being said you may need to get it repaired. the fans need may need to be repaired. in the meantime you need to be playing in frigid rooms. your gpu is now extremely hot.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022
yea not sure if that was the reason or not ive done that many times and didnt overheat it much. whats weird is that the vram is also sitting idle at 100% usage. which i read can make it start taking up ram from the system to compensate which seems to be on par since im sitting at 7.5 gb ram use on idle with only chrome and stream open. i have since reinstalled drivers didnt help, then i clean installed older drivers didnt help then i factory reset the PC and it didnt do anything either so thinking it must be hardware related. good thing its under the best warranty plan they offer lol.