Question very low sound from subwoofer

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
I have a 2.1 audio system for my PC which worked properly when I bought it a few years ago , the sub is 10watts and the 2 speakers are 3watts each. The potentiometer on the back of the sub for bass still works. The problem is that the sub itself is way too low compared to the 2 speakers.

I did a test , I unplugged the 2 speakers from the back of the sub and I left the sub plugged into the PCs jack , I increased the volume to max , from the sub and also in windows , then I could hear the bass as it should work with the speakers plugged in but if I plug the speaker in then the volume on speakers would be way way too high.

TLDR: sub volume is extremely low compared to the speakers so I can't hear any bass

Would appreciate some help on this. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your speakers? How are you connected to the speakers from your Windows computer? Speaking of computer, you might want to state if you're on a laptop or a desktop. If either, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your platform and then uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers sourced from your manufacturer's support site.

Also, is the analog jack(if you're using that for input to the speakers) all the way in the port on your computer?

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
d1LU7e5.jpg

The jack which goes into the PC it's not a problem , nor the PC itself cause I tested it with another source as well , my smartphone, and the outcome is the same, very low bass sound , almost none. The 2.1 system is a romanian brand Serioux B-Soniq 210 I also opened up the sub to check it and I found nothing , no burnt smell , everything looked brand new.

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
I was thinking about that too , will have to get an input cable from somewhere , I'll see and come back with an update.

update: I've been to a few nearby audio shops and they suspect a partial faulty transformer. I won't buy another transformer though because it's more than half the price of the entire new system , so I'll use it like this, speakers only mode.

Last edited: