Very slow boot, fast PC

Corsair1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hey Toms,

Not sure what's going on, but I have a lightning fast PC and it's booting very slow. When I'm on the desktop, everything runs beautifully and super fast. I remember I had this problem before and with some research I was able to get it fixed, but I can't seem to find the info I found before to fix it. I just did a reformat and installed all the mobo drivers and added some software. (Corsair link) (Gigabyte app center) (MSI Afterburner) (Iris Mini) All of which are set to NOT start with windows. I only have 1, 512 SSD hardrive. Nothing else hard drive wise. After installing drivers from the Mobo disc and A windows 7 update, I did a Snappy Driver and it found more driver updates. I did read that my CPU isn't supported on windows 7, but like I mentioned, I had this exact same problem before on a system that my CPU was supported. I was able to get it fixed easily. (if only I could remember what I did) Any suggestions? I don't want to mention this, but I will... I did have windows 10 installed and it was booting normally. Please.... I don't want to get into the Windows 10 vs Windows 7 battle... and have my post filled with (Just put windows 10 back on) I don't want Windows 10, I don't like Windows 10 and I'm NOT going to put Windows 10 back on my machine. When Windows 7 is unusable, I will be putting Linux Mint on my machine. Meanwhile, this will give me time to learn Mint. Thank you all much

Intel 8700K CPU
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHZ 16BG Ram
Gigabyte Aurus Z370 gaming 7 Mobo
Gigabyte nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 GPU
Corsair HX-750I PSU
Corsair H80I CPU water cooling

Chris

go into task manager and look at startup to see what programs are starting with windows.disable any you dont need to start with windows.if you do have a lot of programs starting with windows this will slow your boot time considerable.if in doubt post a screenshot of your startup programs.

Corsair1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Alden, You my friend are a genius! Disabling the start up programs in the task manager did NOT fix it. As for I thought it would be something else. But.... one of the start up programs was the Network Killer software. Something told me to completely uninstall it and BOOM!! it booted ridiculously fast. Thank you kind sir. This thread has been solved.

Corsair1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

It's the killer Network lan driver software. It's an onboard Mobo ethernet port. It came with 2 of them. 1 is an Intel and the other is the Killer. If your interested in checking it out. My mobo is a Gigabyte Z370 Aurus gaming 7. It did not like the Killer software.

Corsair1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
It seems a lot of people have problems with the software. I didn't realize that until I had this problem and looked up if anyone else had the same probs. it's mentioned to just install the driver and not the software. I just disabled it. I certainly don't need 2 Ethernet ports. lol