Very slow boot time recently

Jayden933

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
Within the past couple of weeks, I've been experienced exceptionally slow boot times. Has there been a recent Windows update that could potentially be the culprit? I've had no hardware changes, my system drive is an SSD, and CrystalDiskMark shows that the health of the drive is fine. Normally, a restart would take about 30 seconds to go from clicking Restart to being back on the desktop. Now, it sits on the BIOS for about 2-3 minutes, the Windows logo appears and the loading icon spins for 10+ minutes (not exaggerating), and then once I can finally get to the desktop, it takes another 10-15 minutes before everything is snappy and responsive.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is PC custom or Brand name?

If custom, have you checked you have latest motherboard drivers or BIOS

If brand name, have you checked the web site for model for newer drivers/BIOS

Try disconnecting any extra devices not needed to boot, so any extra USB or Printers or internal PCI cards. Or speakers. It could be PC is waiting for something to answer at boot and it isn't getting a fast enough answer.

I don't think loading in safe mode would make any difference as if its stalling at the bios screen, its not windows. Windows isn't loaded at that stage of process, its finding devices.

could disable any devices on motherboard you don't use, to reduce startup time