Question Very slow booting on Windows 10

Mar 3, 2019
Recently i purchase a second handed pc from my friend. And after few days i had this problem where my pc took vry vry long time to boot(more then 5-10 minutes).. i have a Kingston ssd install and my os is on that drive. I even reinstalled windows again but no luck. It's very frustrating and i cant find any solution on it. However when the pc was with my friend (from whom i purchased). It was working excellent .and his os was on the m.2 for 2 weeks,before having it on the sshd. Even then there was no such problem in boot times. Please help me!

signorigianmario

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Probably you have some Bad Sectors in your storage media (Hard Disk Drive/Solid State Drive). The only thing you can do is trying to use a Windows Installation media, formatting THE ENTIRE STORAGE and DELETING ALL THE PARTITIONS. Note that YOU'LL NEED SEVERAL HOURS TO DO THIS IN CASE OF BAD SECTORS IN THE STORAGE (estimative time: 3-4 hours. I tried also running sfc scannow but it ended with a BSOD and some hours spent for something that was useless.

There are a few things you could check. First look at Device Manager to see if any entries are marked with ? or ! next to them, indicating the need for a different driver. Next, look at the system error log you'll find in Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Computer Management -> Event viewer -> Windows logs -> System. Look for entries flagged "ERROR" and ignore the rest of all the other cryptic stuff. Next open the Task Manager's Startup tab and look for things that're being loaded when booting, and disable any that you don't need. Don't disable your antivirus software though!