Question very strange issue with performance after opening chrome

MigLeader

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
hello everyone, i have a very weird issue that i don't even know which category i should post it in, so apologize if its the wrong forum, here i list the issue in sections for easier analyzing.

Specs( i have 2 systems that have an exact problems)
I7-7700hq
GTX 1070
32GB DDR4
1x256gb nvme ssd (system)
1x2TB hdd(games and other files)
1x1TB nvme ssd (other games)
Windows 10 version 12H2
-------------------------------------------
AMD 5900hx
RTX 3070
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
1x512gb nvme ssd (system)
1x2TB hdd(games and other files)
1x1TB nvme ssd (other games)
Windows 10 version 12H2

i play many games like (star citizen, skyrim, fallout4, red dead redemption, kerbal space program, DCS , Microsoft flight simulator....etc)

if i restarted the PC and started any game it runs ultra smooth with no shutters at all, but if i opened chrome for a split second then closed it and run any game then all of the games run like a slide show, i mean it it's like only 5% of the power of the PC??, and this happens with both systems and happens 100% of the time and if i kept playing while in a slide show state then it just gets more and more worst, like 1-3FPS.

just to make things weirder for everyone, if i restarted then run a game(any game) then opened chrome after that i get no issue, it only happens if i run chrome before any game???

i understand its a weird issue but maybe someone has an idea on where to look or what to diagnose.

thanks

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do the 3 finger salute and you'll probably see a couple dozen processes and instances of Chrome running. Firefox is even worse. I've often killed all but the largest process to get things to play nicely.

MigLeader

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Do the 3 finger salute and you'll probably see a couple dozen processes and instances of Chrome running. Firefox is even worse. I've often killed all but the largest process to get things to play nicely.
this is not in my case , as i said in my question that even after shutting off chrome the performance is bad , but if i run chrome after my game even opening more than 20+tabs the FPS is ultra smooth , so the only way to repreduce this issue is by opening chrome first then anything after