[SOLVED] Very strange mouse problem.

hrisimir

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
I bought a new mouse (cheapish canyon gaming series). In the shop and other pcs it works but on my home set up it doesn't. The pc recognizes it properly and all . The rgb control app detects it. But when I plug it in it works properly for 1 min or so then the laser pointer starts flickering loses almost all sensitivity. I tried both generic drivers for usb mouse and the canyon custom one specifically for the mouse. Mind you it works fine on other machines (in the city, since I live in the country). I have the sneakin suspicion that somehow the voltage delivered from the usb is at fault but I can't be sure since other common office mouses work. Only this one doesn't. (The buttons work, but the laser starts flickering rapidly barely even recognizing the movement. Also it starts flickering only when it closes in to a surface for some reason. But as I said it works perfect on other PCs, also if left alone the cursor is moving on it's own.)

Last edited:
Solution
I had the same problem with my canyon mouse:
  1. the mouse becomes slugish or unresponsive.
  2. the wheel doesnt work.

I havent really been able to figure out why this happenes, but i stopped having a problem after i changed my mouse's surface...
so just plug it in and try running it on a bunch of different surfaces. mine works best on an open notebook

Balefire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2020
I had the same problem with my canyon mouse:
  1. the mouse becomes slugish or unresponsive.
  2. the wheel doesnt work.

I havent really been able to figure out why this happenes, but i stopped having a problem after i changed my mouse's surface...
so just plug it in and try running it on a bunch of different surfaces. mine works best on an open notebook

Solution

hrisimir

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
Interestingly enough ...... I plugged into one of the 3.0 usb's instead of 2.0 ones and the mouse started working properly.... is there even such a thing as only 3.0 mouse or smth lol...