[SOLVED] Very weird and mysterious problem, pc crashes when minimizing games, please read!

Mar 4, 2020
Im posting this on CPU section because im not sure in wich part of the pc the problem is, and I didn't find a generic area on the forum, so sorry for anything.

Computer Setup:
CPU:i7-7700k
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB AORUS
Mobo: Asus Sli Killer Z270
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO
Ram 4x4 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
Power Supply: Seasonic 620w
No overclocks were ever applied
Whole computer is one year old.

I strongly believe its not power supply neither overheat, please read until the end.

Main problem: I have tried testing everything on this computer, but I simply could not find the problem! I can play any games for 10 hours straight with no problems at all, but as soon as i try to alt tab to another application the computer will crash, it completely blacks out like the power plug was taken out and after 5 seconds it reboots again. Example: Im playing apex legends and metatrader4 or microsoft edge is running on the background, I can play as long as i want and there will be no problem but as soon as i press alt+tab to check another aplication like microsof edge BOOM! pc blacks completely . Alt tabing out of games is crashing my computer. There is one exception: if im on a discord voice channel and dont minimize the game the computer will completely shut down after 2 or 5 minutes anyway, i guess thats happening because discord is actively running with the game. but if discord is open and im not on a voice chat i can play games without crashing at all.

What was tried to solve the problem:
Complete windows reinstall.
Computer reassembled/cleaned up/thermal paste replaced by computer technician.

Power supply:
All the pins on the power supply were tested just like in the video below, every pin of the power supply is supplied with cirurgic precision, where it should be 12v was measured 12.01V, where should be 5V was measured 5.01V etc etc. So I strongly disbelieve that my problem supply is faulty.
I live in Brazil and Seasonic 620W is like the best power supply money can buy here. It may not be considered top quality in the US but down here its a TOP tier power supply.

View: https://youtu.be/Tr70VyoACPg

Overheating:
I have ran CPU stress test, GPU stress test and BOTH GPU AND CPU stress test at the same time, here are the results.

View: https://imgur.com/a/X7me1Hw

The computer did not crash after 30 minutes stress testing both GPU and CPU at the same time, also please note that neither the GPU or the CPU went above 69C at any point, pretty much excluding overheating. The pc crashes after 2 minutes alt tabbing out of a game and checking another application, but it does not crash on a full 30 minute stress test, leading me to believe even more that the problem is not the power supply, cuz if the psu was falty then it would also crash on the stress test, don't you agree with me? One final note: the computer crashed and I had MSI afterburner on to check temperatures, neither the gpu or the cpu were above 70C at the time of the crash.

Memory RAM: I let Memtest86 running over night, no problems were found at all.

GPU:
My native resolution is 1920x1080, I was running games on fullscreen at 1600x900 (like warzone or apex legends) to squeeze more frames, changing the games resolution to 1920x1080 (native) mitigated the problem a little bit but the crashes still persist.
I don't notice any stutters/fps drops, a game like apex legends is running smooth on 144 FPS, the GPU doesn't go above 65C at any point even at the stress test, so I don't see any problem here.

I cant test with another power supply, every computer technician I call says they don't have a power supply good enough to test on my pc, sadly Brazil is a late country in technology.

Everything seems to be pretty much 100% so there blackouts are really mysterious, does any of you have any ideas of what could be happening? Thank you in advance

Solution
I would try booting a linux live cd/usb and try running multiple windows there and tabbing between them. In fact, I would try a few different distros. If you run into the same problem at some point with it rebooting, it's actually an obscure hardware issue of some sort.
I would try booting a linux live cd/usb and try running multiple windows there and tabbing between them. In fact, I would try a few different distros. If you run into the same problem at some point with it rebooting, it's actually an obscure hardware issue of some sort.

Reactions: Thomaspin
Solution
Mar 4, 2020

That's indeed very smart, running Linux would exclude any software related issues, got your idea.