Very weird GPU heating problem.

Ameizo

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
When I play with v-sync ON (capped to my monitor refresh rate which is 60Hz) results in INCREASED GPU usage and LOWER temps. When I play with v-sync OFF (BUT capped at the exact same fps when vsync is on which is 60fps thru external program called Riva Tuner Statistics server) results in DECREASED GPU usage but HIGHER temps. This makes no sense. Clean, brand new PC.
Ryzen 3 1200 @3.1GHz
8GB ram
GTX 1050 Ti
400W PSU

This is with v-sync on:
Click

This is with v-sync off:
Click

Custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner:
Click

The game is called Warframe.

v sync matches the FPS to your monitors refresh rate to eliminate screen tearing. if it's off your GPU is sending more frames to your monitor than it can handle and thus working harder than it needs to causing the higher temps. i'm pretty sure riva tuner doesn't have anything to do with VSYNC, but hey, i've been wrong before

Ameizo

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

As you can see in the screen shots, the FPS is the SAME as v-sync on and off. The gpu does NOT output more FPS. I made sure of that by locking both at 60 FPS.

Ameizo

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

Decent airflow, updated and did a clean install of latest Nvidia drivers. The weird thing is that with Vsync on I get HIGHER usage and LOWER temps which doesnt make any sense. Should be - higher usage and higher temps.