Very weird occurance.

skrillzist

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
I'm not sure if it's hardware or software related, but sometimes my computer will freeze and the screen looks like it's tripping balls lol. I'm not sure how to describe other than saying it freezes and most of my screen turns red whilst little black pixels swarm the screen. No idea if this made sense but that's the best way I can describe it. thanks for the help!

Solution

Moving a drive to the system with Windows 7 already on it often does not work properly due to motherboard and chipset differences.

Looks like you have a slightly older video card, test the system without the card with onboard video only. Try a clean Windows setup, not using a drive with Windows already installed. Install Windows on that computer directly.

skrillzist

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
Full PC specs are
intel core i7 3770
GTX 760 SC
WD blue 500gb hdd
4Gb Corsair vengeance RAM
800 watt corsair PSU
Windows 7 ultimate 64BIT
Sorry for late reply, didn't think anybody would post.

skrillzist

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
And as to when it started, I can't really say. the other day I tried to reinstall a different HDD that had win7 on it and no SP1. well when i downloaded SP1 and restarted the same exact thing happened to me except this time the BOOTMGR was deleted and I somehow got myself into the linux command prompt

Moving a drive to the system with Windows 7 already on it often does not work properly due to motherboard and chipset differences.

Looks like you have a slightly older video card, test the system without the card with onboard video only. Try a clean Windows setup, not using a drive with Windows already installed. Install Windows on that computer directly.

Solution