Question Very wierd! After power surge i cannot get my computer to post or show signs of life.

Aug 28, 2022
I’ve had this build for about three months and it worked perfectly the entire time, never a single issue. One day i plugged in an xbox controller before the computer was turned on. The controller started to charge then i went to turn on power to my computer and instantly there was a surge and the computer died. Directly after that when i would push the power button there was no signs of life at all. Checked the PSU which was an EVGA 850w 80plus gold rating seemed to be dead. My thoughts were maybe i was close to max wattage and adding the controller blew out some things on start up. So i went out and replaced the PSU with a Corsair RM1000x to give it some more juice. After that i would press the power button and the RGB on the ram would light up the light on the tower itself and the network port would light, nothing else. So i continued to try and troubleshoot. Basically at this point I’ve replaced the motherboard with a new but same Asus Rog Strix G-gaming motherboard. Nothing seemed to change. I’ve replaced the CPU new but the same which is Intel 12900k. Nothing changed to my issue. I’ve replaced both Ram sticks brand new. Still nothing has changed. I’ve eliminated the GPU from the equation by taking it out and plugging directly into the motherboard, yet still nothing has changed. At this point the only things in this computer that arnt brand new is the Samsung NVME drive the fans which have all been tested and seem to work and the tower itself. I’m completely at a loss at this point and have no idea what the issue could be since the computer is basically brand new with all the new parts installed. Does anyone have any idea what this could be.
Build specs are
-Asus Rog strix Z690 G-gaming wifi motherboard
  • Intel 12900k CPU
  • 32gb gskill trident Z 5600 RAM
-Antek DF800 case
-Nvidia GeForce EVGA 3080 GPU
-Samsung 2tv NVME drive
-Corsair RM1000x PSU

Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve had this build for about three months and it worked perfectly the entire time, never a single issue. One day i plugged in an xbox controller before the computer was turned on. The controller started to charge then i went to turn on power to my computer and instantly there was a surge and the computer died. Directly after that when i would push the power button there was no signs of life at all. Checked the PSU which was an EVGA 850w 80plus gold rating seemed to be dead. My thoughts were maybe i was close to max wattage and adding the controller blew out some things on start up. So i went out and replaced the PSU with a Corsair RM1000x to give it some more juice. After that i would press the power button and the RGB on the ram would light up the light on the tower itself and the network port would light, nothing else. So i continued to try and troubleshoot. Basically at this point I’ve replaced the motherboard with a new but same Asus Rog Strix G-gaming motherboard. Nothing seemed to change. I’ve replaced the CPU new but the same which is Intel 12900k. Nothing changed to my issue. I’ve replaced both Ram sticks brand new. Still nothing has changed. I’ve eliminated the GPU from the equation by taking it out and plugging directly into the motherboard, yet still nothing has changed. At this point the only things in this computer that arnt brand new is the Samsung NVME drive the fans which have all been tested and seem to work and the tower itself. I’m completely at a loss at this point and have no idea what the issue could be since the computer is basically brand new with all the new parts installed. Does anyone have any idea what this could be.
Build specs are
-Asus Rog strix Z690 G-gaming wifi motherboard
  • Intel 12900k CPU
  • 32gb gskill trident Z 5600 RAM
-Antek DF800 case
-Nvidia GeForce EVGA 3080 GPU
-Samsung 2tv NVME drive
-Corsair RM1000x PSU

Any help would be appreciated.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKYBMZy1A18

Aug 28, 2022
The cables and psu are brand new and all have been swapped. Evga cables wouldn’t fit in the Corsair psu even if i wanted too. I’ve tried so many things and it just makes no sense. Could it be the tower messing with the system? I’ve disconnected pretty much every non essential piece related to start up and it still wouldn’t start.

The cables and psu are brand new and all have been swapped. Evga cables wouldn’t fit in the Corsair psu even if i wanted too. I’ve tried so many things and it just makes no sense. Could it be the tower messing with the system? I’ve disconnected pretty much every non essential piece related to start up and it still wouldn’t start.
To eliminate "tower messing with the system' assemble just minimum parts out of the case.