Very Wierd Geforce Problem

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I got a brand new Elsa Erazor X2 tuesday. Put it in, Fire it up and I got no image. I try to get it to work on my other monitor, Still no image, but my computer continues to boot, i can hear windows loading. So by accident I plug one monitor then plug the other one in right after and I get an image. So every time I boot/restart my computer, I have to let my computer get past the Videocards bios before I switch to my big monitor. Elsa said get the lastest bios but I have the lastest Bios, any suggestions?

G

Your power supply. Get a better one like 300w, sounds like there is not much power to fire up your graphics card even the windows is loading.

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That cant be it because When I plug in my 15" monitor, then let it go past the cards post I plug in my 20" monitor and it works, Btw it also works vise versa, but doesnt work if I only plug in a monitor after the post and dont have one plugged in during the post. Very strange problems. Elsa says nothing is wrong but i've tried it on 3 different with all the same results. I just got a brand new 400 watt psu so that cannont be the problem

G

I don't know your setup but regardless of what Elsa says, it sounds like the card is screwy or at least there's some compatibility problem between it and your PC. To me switching monitors is fairly conclusive. Do you have a similar vid card you can try in your pc and/or another PC to try the Elsa card? If the problem follows the card....

Mike

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well I had an Asus 6600 pro64 and used it flawlessy for 2 weeks on the same system so i cant understand why this card wouldn't work

TazMo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Why ELSA says there is nothing wrong with there card is a joke. I don't think they can make such a blanket statement. The only thing I could suggest, is that maybe in the system BIOS you have something enabled that the video card doesn't like. So I would reset all the video card related stuff in the BIOS to their lowest/safest settings. Also take whatever other PCI cards you have installed out to make sure some other weird thing causing it. It's an odd problem are both monitors PnPlay? and does it work if you unplug one then plug the same one back in? Also can you actually see the BIOS screen if you hit DEL on startup and then switch or does it have to be further along in the boot?

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I can't see the Video Cards POST but I can see the bios fine. Like I said b4 I cant see why the card doesnt work When i had an Asus 6600 Pro64, only difference is the memory type and amount of ram. Ill try the bios settings next, I posted on some other boards but still no luck, I also bought a Thrustmaster gamepad and Im on the 2nd hour of trying to get the thing to work...products are going to [-peep-] lately, what companys do for money is Mind bogiling sometimes