[SOLVED] Vesa Mount for Triple Monitors

Chillmasterkelly

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Hey community,

I am very interested in mounting the following three monitors together seamlessly (e.g. no gaps between said monitors):
  1. Acer Predator Gaming X34 Pbmiphzx Curved 34" UltraWide
  2. ASUS VS278Q-P 27"
  3. ASUS VS278Q-P 27"
I am A.) Having a very annoying time finding many mounting solutions for a 34" UltraWide, let alone a triple vesa mount solution and B.) finding a mounting solutions such that I can drill a hole for the mounting "Center Pole" through the back center region of my desk. Clamps are not ideal as I would have to cut a slot on the back of my desk for it to work, but I am not opposed to doing this.

Please advise. Feel free to make suggestions (I am not opposed to changing my 27" monitor choices if it suits mounting).

Best Regards,
Chillmasterkelly

Solution
Hi, for making your own mount,
measure out a shape you want (as if you were looking down on it from above)
here I am picturing an angle on the left and right screens as if you were in a cockpit of a jet for example.
do it to scale, 1cm in actual size is 1mm on the drawing.
you know the size and hole spacing for your monitors.
measure where you want the mounting legs to be, I would say at the point either side of the center screen.
drill bolt holes to match your monitors, no real weight here so just the top holes would be fine.

square tubing could be difficult in comparison to round tubing.
If you do not have access to a pipe bender, just fill the round tubing with sand and bend it in a vice or your knee.

either way you will still...

Stewart_5

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016
Hi, for making your own mount,
measure out a shape you want (as if you were looking down on it from above)
here I am picturing an angle on the left and right screens as if you were in a cockpit of a jet for example.
do it to scale, 1cm in actual size is 1mm on the drawing.
you know the size and hole spacing for your monitors.
measure where you want the mounting legs to be, I would say at the point either side of the center screen.
drill bolt holes to match your monitors, no real weight here so just the top holes would be fine.

square tubing could be difficult in comparison to round tubing.
If you do not have access to a pipe bender, just fill the round tubing with sand and bend it in a vice or your knee.

either way you will still need to attach the legs, numerous ways to do this.

hope this helps

Solution

Chillmasterkelly

Honorable
May 29, 2013
I will! We use Solidworks a lot in my line of work so I will look at developing a mounting system. In the meantime I will also look into three individual mounting solutions as USAFRet suggested. Kind of did not think about that.