Vesa mountable pc?

venic

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
Hi,

I want to pack as much performance inside a vesa mountable pc as possible. For this I've chosen the following components
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gz7snQ

I'll use a 200W pico psu with suitable accessories, but the graphics card is giving me problems! My plan is to use a pcie riser cable to horizontally align the graphics card to fit it into the case. Can I do it? Any thoughts, apprehensions, suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you

Solution
Hmmm....

The case is too small, it isn't big enough to handle an expansion card of any description. It doesn't even have expansion slots.
The processor is probably too hot for such a small case
I certainly wouldn't be using a pico power supply on such powerful components, I'd be looking for a 350W power supply minimum, probably looking for 400W.

If you're determined to go with the case and power supply and want to play some games I would consider looking at AMD's apus. While not the most powerful chips available they do have very capable on-die graphics, certainly more capable than intel, and should remove the need for an additional graphics card. My suggestion would be either an a8 or a10 chip.

pauls3743

Distinguished
Hmmm....

The case is too small, it isn't big enough to handle an expansion card of any description. It doesn't even have expansion slots.
The processor is probably too hot for such a small case
I certainly wouldn't be using a pico power supply on such powerful components, I'd be looking for a 350W power supply minimum, probably looking for 400W.

If you're determined to go with the case and power supply and want to play some games I would consider looking at AMD's apus. While not the most powerful chips available they do have very capable on-die graphics, certainly more capable than intel, and should remove the need for an additional graphics card. My suggestion would be either an a8 or a10 chip.

Solution