Question vetroo 1000w power supply getting some shade in discord building groups

farmageddon85

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Hi again! First and for most, all the help i received on some matters have been excellent.

I have been getting some attacks on the PSU i am using. people saying oh go with a 750 thats all you need, when running a 7900xtx. I thought getting a 1000w white psu for 150.00 was an ok deal and vetroo has been around for a bit so I don't expect a bad product. But here is my build. Also they talking crap on my fans Gelid Stella Frost that actually I got because of a review done on toms hardware saying the cost was so low for the quality. Every time i talk and share info someone is always attacking me about something. Yes there are always different choices different people would want but geeze they go overboard like in ltt discord and pc paradise. Literally a guy in their and all he does is talk trash about everything. So negative and cringe. Someone redid my build and replaced my arctic ii 360 aio with a non brand air cooler on a 7600x lmao. They also said lian li is trash. Like how do I deal with these people. Im not against crit but they were just trolling hard haha. And when people do that it can hurt someone who actually takes them seriously re configuring coolers and other aspects of builds. Iknow the 16 pin is useless for the amd but who knows what connections i might need in the near future.

Farmagedd0n - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker

bignastyid

Titan
I can see some taking issue with the PSU. My issues with the PSU. Never heard of the brand. No professional reviews, so build quality and performance is an unknown. Also while it has an 80 plus sticker that model is not listed on the 80 plus website. The PSU is not a good place to gamble on quality as a it can end up being very expensive.

Lian Li is a reputable brand, I'm running several of their uni fans in a O-11D EVO case. The only thing I can think of that they are currently having issues with is bacterial growth in their AIOs which is affecting several other manufactures. Artic did have an issue with the Arctic 2 coolers and is sending parts(free of charge) to fix the affected units.

Lutfij

Titan
My observation from your thread's stylization, is you either need to avoid said groups or you need to learn how to filter some things from entering your head/ears or what you eventually read. None of what you've said with regards to those groups are going to be healthy for you in the long run.

In a nutshell, if you created this thread to ask whether the PSU in your build is reliable, I can't say since they came onto the scene due to a cheap air cooler back a couple of years ago. YT personalities picked up on that trend for the algorithm bandwagon and that's how Vetroo got the spotlighting. If I were you, I'd have picked a high quality, reputable branded 1KW unit from the likes of Seasonic or Corsair and be done with it. If the PSU doesn't kill your other components, then you're fine but I'm sure you don't want to bet your parts onto the notion that it's going to fine when you know that there aren't reviews for the unit in question.

Last edited:

farmageddon85

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Thanks for feedback. amazon reviews have been building up slowly with people who have installed them and all working fine first boot up and no issues all 5 star reviews so that is something i know not enough time..the longevity is the concern I understand. But any psu is a gamble to be honest be it a smaller gamble with more reputable brand but still a gamble non the less with any components you buy. Also I am fine with the aio as it is qc stickered for that exact problem. Heard about that too. As well as the 980 pro 2 tb needing a firmware update. Should have the build completed on saturday i will post pictures or concerns i might have. Thank you again. I am still a lil concerned with bios updates. I havn't reviewed alot but ive heard fat 32 has to be used on some to bios update or some can be updated without the cpu memory or gpu, im using msi b650 tomahawk atx. Thats something i look deeper into when building and before booting up.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
There's a reason you look for people who know what their doing like Aris, JG, GN (or Igor). They have equipment to test out what's good or bad in a unit. Amazon reviews can and will be hit or miss or absolutely pointless. If you're reading through Amazon reviews, that's also a bad source to base your purchases off of.

The gamble is taken out of the equation by looking at trusted reviewer's content, their(a PSU's) warranty period as well as their prior history with standing behind or next to their products to bolster consumer's confidence in buying said products. Without the customer, there is no brand, let alone the product. A good quality PSU will knock itself out when it dies, it won't take down the entire party. It's also been shown that the sticker on the PSU can be used to say pretty much anything.

farmageddon85

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
My observation from your thread's stylization, is you either need to avoid said groups or you need to learn how to filter some things from entering your head/ears or what you eventually read. None of what you've said with regards to those groups are going to be healthy for you in the long run.

In a nutshell, if you created this thread to ask whether the PSU in your build is reliable, I can't say since they came onto the scene due to a cheap air cooler back a couple of years ago. YT personalities picked up on that trend for the algorithm bandwagon and that's how Vetroo got the spotlighting. If I were you, I'd have picked a high quality, reputable branded 1KW unit from the likes of Seasonic or Corsair and be done with it. If the PSU doesn't kill your other components, then you're fine but I'm sure you don't want to bet your parts onto the notion that it's going to fine when you know that there aren't reviews for the unit in question.
80 PLUS® Certified Power Supplies and Manufacturers | CLEAResult it is listed and looked at some breakdowns from a redit. Running in high gold low platinum in that test specifically