Question VGA and Boot lights on ?

Dec 24, 2022
I upgraded my ram from 16gb to 32gb today. After installing them I noticed the VGA and Boot lights came on and the screen would load up asking to "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media ".

So I went into bios and only one of my drives was being detected so I restarted the computer and was able to change the drive I had Windows on to priority 1, however that didn't work and the screen would still show up as either black or asking me to reboot and select proper boot device.

I spent hours trying different things and have yet to get anything to work so some help would be gratefully appreciated.

These are my parts besides the fact that the ram was increased, also I used the same ram that was already installed so it's not a different brand/version:

Radeon rx 5700 xt
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Corsair CX-F rgb series CX750F 750W
Team Group GX2 512GB
Asrock B550 phantom gaming 4
AMD ryzen 5 3rd gen
GSkill TridentZ rgb series 16GB ram

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B550 Phantom Gaming 4.pdf

(Do verify that I found the applicable User Manual.)

Section 2.3 presents RAM installation,

Doublecheck two things: 1) that the new RAM is indeed supported, and 2) that the new RAM is correctly slotted per the reference tables on physically numbered Pages 21 and 22.

Note: Supported RAM is listed on Page 2 as well. However, be sure to visit Asrock's website for any updated information per QVL's (Qualified Vendors List) etc..