VGA issue on dual monitor set up

markenglish85

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
I have bought a LENOVO IdeaCentre 510s-08IKL Desktop PC which I am told uses a hd 630 igp graphics card. I wanted to use dual monitors. The tower has an hdmi output and a vga output.

I bought two hp 24ea monitors which have both vga and hdmi inputs. Both have perfect resolution using the hdmi port but with the vga the quality isn’t what it should be (need to zoom in to read text).

This makes me think there is either a problem with the vga cable
I bought from amazon or some set up I have missed, although I have played with the resolution and display settings this does not fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
VGA is going to be worse. You have a conversion from internal digital to analog to transfer across the cable. Then the monitor has to convert BACK to digital internally. Those conversions degrade quality. That is the SMALL form factor case (based on the pictures I can find). I can't tell if a graphics card can be added or not.

markenglish85

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

I can add a graphics card but wanted to check if this was the only solution.

markenglish85

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

Any suggestion for my PC? I am only using the PC to remote into my work PC so no interest in gaming, just want to be able to read an email!

kanewolf

Titan
Solution

markenglish85

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

Thanks for your help https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/lenovo-ideacentre-510s-08ikl-desktop-pc-silver-10164494-pdt.html