[SOLVED] VGA Led after install M.2 SSD

Jan 9, 2023
Hello.

After installing my new M2 SSD, I booted up my PC and everything was working normally. I cloned the files from my Sata SSD to the new SSD, ran the system normally. After trying to open FIFA 23, I received a notification that it was not possible to open the game because I did not have 'Secure Boot' active, so I decided to restart my PC in order to activate Secure Boot in the BIOS. Since I restarted the PC it doesn't turn on anymore. Debug LED indicates VGA problem. The only way to make the PC display video is to reset the bios. It says to press F1 to configure the BIOS. Through the boot menu, in the selection of disks, I can start Windows as if nothing had happened. Rebooting the system brings everything back to zero. I've already tried turning on the PC without the new M.2 SSD and the VGA LED is still on, no image on the monitor. I installed the speaker on the motherboard and it makes only 1 beep, as if the system was normal. My BIOS is up to date.

My Specs:
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • Asus B450 ROG Strix
  • 16GB Trident-Z 3000MHz (2x8GB)
  • Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD
  • Kingston A400 120GB SATA
  • NVIDIA RTX 2060 ROG Strix
  • PSU CoolerMaster MWE 550 Bronze v2

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023
My PSU is a CoolerMaster MWE 550 Bronze v2, I've been using it for about two years now. My motherboard has the latest BIOS, version 4901. I have two more Seagate HDD's. One of them 1TB and one of 500GB.

Reactions: Peycey