PC specs
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • msi gaming x Nvidia RTX 2070 super
  • gskill 2x16 GB 3600 MHz cl16 ram
  • AMD ryzen 3700x with stock cooler
  • corsair cx650m PSU
  • intel 660p 1 tb m.2 SSD
Description of problem
Before I describe the issue, it is probably important to note that the m.2 SSD already has windows installed and some other files.
Basically, I built my new PC with the parts above and it originally booted into the bios just fine. After I exited the bios, I tried to let to PC boot into windows that was already installed on the m.2 SSD that i had used once before. When the PC tried to boot into windows, it said "Preparing Automatic Repair" and was stuck in a boot loop for about ~2 minutes. I eventually noticed that there was no more display on my monitor and the PC was not in a boot loop, so I turned it off and back on again to see if it would work. It eventually stopped starting up at the white VGA light on my motherboard, and there was nothing displaying on the monitor. The GPU lights up and the fans spin, but the fans eventually stop.

Things I tried
  • Removing the SSD from the motherboard
  • reseating the GPU into a different slot
  • checking the PCIE cables to make sure they are plugged in
  • Using an Nvidia GTX 980 gpu from another computer that I know works
  • Turning it on and off again.

Solution
Putting your gpu in a different PCIe slot didnt gave you a screen? Theb Try putting a hdmi cable in your motherboard and update the bios if you can and try your gpu again.

FINNIE8OY

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
Putting your gpu in a different PCIe slot didnt gave you a screen? Theb Try putting a hdmi cable in your motherboard and update the bios if you can and try your gpu again.

Solution
Aug 14, 2020
I had the problem with the same board. In my case i changed x370 strix for b550 strix (all components remained the same). The annoing thing was that the x370 worked and b550 didnt. I even rma the board....
When the second one arrived i was almost certain that will fork but not. So after 2-3 days researching what to do - i installed the displayport patch for 1060 and for the motherboard the newest 1002 and it worked. it seems that its a uefi issue...