[SOLVED] VGA No Signal after seeing Windows XP logo

Nov 8, 2020
Hello guys ,I hope you are doing well! So I am trying to boot up an old pc (from 2006 to be exact) using a Samsung HDD with Windows XP installed. I have selected it to be the first one in boot priority. When it's booting its asking me which mode I want to enter (safe or normal).
Whatever I select , it tries to boot ( showing me the Windows XP logo) and immediately stops and a message saying VGA NO SIGNAL Appears.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
Basically ,what I believe to be the problem is that I am using an Asus Rack mount Server PC. I want to use this system as a normal PC. Will I be able to achieve that?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10347/Asus-Pedestal-5u-Rackmount-Server-Ts500-E5.html
If you just used a random hdd with XP on it than that is your problem, it doesn't have right drivers, you have to use an OS that's configured for this system, you have to do a new installation if you don't have the hdd/OS that belongs to it.
The server PC might be very bad at being a desktop PC but you will have to try it to see if it is enough for you.
Hello guys ,I hope you are doing well! So I am trying to boot up an old pc (from 2006 to be exact) using a Samsung HDD with Windows XP installed. I have selected it to be the first one in boot priority. When it's booting its asking me which mode I want to enter (safe or normal).
Whatever I select , it tries to boot ( showing me the Windows XP logo) and immediately stops and a message saying VGA NO SIGNAL Appears.
VGA NO SIGNAL message comes from your monitor. Other possibilities. OS is screwed, missing/corrupted GPU driver or could be even HDD or GPU itself.

Do you remember what resolution this old system was running?
What kind of monitor are you trying to use now?
My guess would be that windows is trying to use a resolution or refresh rate that the current monitor can't handle.

Basically ,what I believe to be the problem is that I am using an Asus Rack mount Server PC. I want to use this system as a normal PC. Will I be able to achieve that?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10347/Asus-Pedestal-5u-Rackmount-Server-Ts500-E5.html
If you just used a random hdd with XP on it than that is your problem, it doesn't have right drivers, you have to use an OS that's configured for this system, you have to do a new installation if you don't have the hdd/OS that belongs to it.
The server PC might be very bad at being a desktop PC but you will have to try it to see if it is enough for you.

Solution