VGA Port Has Stopped Working

kysexual

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Not sure if this is in the right forum but here's my problem - A computer I built a couple months ago has been running perfectly until today. It was running okay, but once I restarted it, it wouldn't display on my monitor.

I think it's to do with the motherboard's VGA port as it can display when I connect to my graphics card bag however it just keeps repeating the asrock boot screen and not actually booting. The monitor detects that a VGA is connected however it says "no signal"

Can anybody help please?

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
You answered your own question. The motherboard port is being overridden by the graphics card. Unplug the graphics card to use the motherboard VGA port.

kysexual

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I have done that but now on startup it just flashes the boot screen "press f11 for boot menu" etc. And doesn't actually boot?

kysexual

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I have done that but now on startup it just flashes the boot screen "press f11 for boot menu" etc. And doesn't actually boot?

kysexual

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013