Question VGA warning light on Gigabyte Z790 UD AC ?

Dec 30, 2022
Hi, I was a PC builder in the 90's and decided recently to put together my own PC with a build sourced from PCPartPicker.com. The CPU is a 13th gen Intel core i5 13600k. I will be happy to provide full build details if needed. There is integrated graphics on this chip so my problem is very confusing. Upon boot, fans start up, the AIO pump runs, but there is no display from either HDMI or displayport. With the monitor (I tried two, one is brand new) plugged into the GPU video out, or plugged into the motherboard's video out, there is no signal.

Since the motherboard 'vga' warning light comes on at power-on, I tried with no video card installed, and the monitor plugged into the motherboard's HDMI (I also tried displayport).

Same 'vga' warning light on the mobo.

Since I took the video card out, there is no reason I can think of that the 'vga' light would be lit.

Out of all the PC's I've built, I've never had one that doesn't output a signal and start to POST.

I'm completely out of things to try.

All the components are brand new. The PSU is a cooler master 850 watt mwe gold 850 v2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please inspect the CPU's socket on the motherboard and see if there are any bent or broken pins. As for your processor, what cooler are you working with to cool that K suffix, unlocked processor?