VGA

Help! I need to find out the brand of my VGA card without
opening up my lap top

On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:13:48 -0700, "some girl"
<amber.elizabeth.asebedo@us.army.mil> wrote:

>Help! I need to find out the brand of my VGA card without
>opening up my lap top

You can use DOS debug to identify the video chipset. Do
whatever it takes to boot to pure DOS (not a DOS window in Windows).
Type "debug" (without quotes) and Enter. Display will be just a
single dash ("-").
Type the following string EXACTLY (Be careful, and don't type
anything else. You can really mess things up with a mistake):
d c000:0010
enter
This will display the beginning of the video BIOS ROM. You'll
see a load of hexadecimal digits across most of the screen. On one
side, text should appear which identifies the video chipset type and
revision number. You may need to scroll down to see complete
information. Do this by typing:
enter
When you have enough info, quit debug by typing
enter
This will return you to a normal DOS command prompt.