VGAP4Assistant Tool Update

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

I've updated my tool with some new fixes and features. I've put the
change log below. The latest feature is that you can provide the tool
with the name of the map that you are using so that it will fix the
names that the CSV incorrectly export as well as add in all of the
missing planets from your scans. This makes the host script nicer to
look at in ScriptZor and allow a bit more accuracy in test games.

The updated version should be available at Klingon Kommand shortly.

Magik

Change Log
4/28/2005 v1.0 Public release. Initial version.
4/29/2005 v1.1 Added creation of "Big Bang" script to put all ships
and fighters from bases into the same location in space.
4/29/2005 v1.11 Stand-off range, attack plan, weapon switches, attack
vector, and attack enemy settings were not being put into the host
scripts properly. Fixed.
5/5/2005 v1.12 "Soil = x" wasn't documented for host scripts, but
was discovered to work by testing. That is now implemented.
5/21/2005 v1.2 Add in the option to tell this program through the
playerX.cfg file which map the game you are processing is using.

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

Yet another update. This update deserves special attention because Doc
Devious / Paul Honigmann of Klingon Kommand was kind enough to
contribute his time into producing a wrapper for the v4face2.dll that
allows access to the game ship files. With this, my C program is able
to use this VB program that uses a command line interface only to
return information about the ship hull that you query. Now,
VGAP4Assistant will provide full crew compliments on ships during host
script testing (since the CSV files don't include ship crew amounts)
and it will generate a hull table that lists all of the hulls of ships
that you see in the game so that you can quickly compare them to your
own. This wrapper provides a lot more flexibility to my utility, so
you'll see more uses of this come out soon.

Magik

Change Log
5/24/2005 v1.3 Special thanks to Paul Honigmann for making a wrapper to
the v4face2.dll file: qv4data.exe. This allowed me to write code to
gather hull information and set the ship crew to maximum (ship crew is
not included in the CSVs from Planets4.exe). A hull table is written
to the VGAP4Assistant output folder, which contains the currently
scanned hulls in the game you are processing.
5/24/2005 v1.21 A game map file is now written as a text file to the
VGAP4Assistant output folder.
5/21/2005 v1.2 Added in the option to allow the user to tell
VGAP4Assistant through the playerX.cfg file which map you are using.
This allowed the correction of planet names and adding in missing
planets.