[SOLVED] VIA HD Deck on Windows 10, possible?

gewone

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Hi guys!

I know in the Realtek software bundle there's an option to use rear and front 3.5 mm jacks simultaneously.
I, however, have a cheap VIA motherboard audio chipset and since W10 there's no "official" software bundle.
Out of the box, it plays rear jack if only rear is plugged, but if I plug something in the front jack that takes control.
I was thinking if there's some registry hack or whatever to control what jack to output sound to,
I mean assuming that both psychical plugs are in place / connected?

My chip in question is:
VT1708S 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

I know the VIA ADeck was in the sys tray back in Windoze XP and even in 7, but now it seems abandoned.
However, I'm not sure (can't recall) if there was even such setting in there (like in the Realtek systray deck),
if not, I'm really not interested at all. Then, rather feed me with some other solution, if you know of such! :)

Solution
press Windows Key + R, type regedit and press enter
navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\ inside will be installed audio devices...named like 0000, 0001 etc,
when you click on any of those numbers, on right side look for DriverDesc, its value would be name of sound device, go through them, until you find your VIA audio card, name will be same as in device manager, if youre not sure what driver name you have now, look in device manager for your VIA soundcard name

once you find it, open it and go to
GlobalSettings
(example...
press Windows Key + R, type regedit and press enter
navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\ inside will be installed audio devices...named like 0000, 0001 etc,
when you click on any of those numbers, on right side look for DriverDesc, its value would be name of sound device, go through them, until you find your VIA audio card, name will be same as in device manager, if youre not sure what driver name you have now, look in device manager for your VIA soundcard name

once you find it, open it and go to
GlobalSettings
(example:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0012\GlobalSettings)
right click EnableDynamicDevices, click Modify, and set it to 0
reboot

Solution