VIA's $49 Android-Based Mini-PC is No Bigger Than a Banana

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sh4dow83

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
It's a shame it only offers output up to 720p, even though it's more expensive than the Raspberry Pi.
Guess I'll go with the latter then, since being able to play full HD movies would be very awesome.

G

DEBIAN is running on it !!!!

Linux can be installed in a uSD card or in a HDD via USB (dunno anout USB Pens and SSDs but i guess so)

Reflash OS to the NAND is in the works.

Instead of HDMI and Composite Video it uses it uses HDMI and VGA

4 USB instead of 2.

Check out the forums for details !!!!

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
This thing needed a Sata port with port mulitplier capibilities or one USB 3.0 port, and a gigibit ethernet port and they would have had a sale for a home server. Though I suppose I could add an external USB 2.0 gigabit port...
IMO 720p is just stupid for this board.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
[citation][nom]shadowfamicom[/nom]This thing needed a Sata port with port mulitplier capibilities or one USB 3.0 port, and a gigibit ethernet port and they would have had a sale for a home server. Though I suppose I could add an external USB 2.0 gigabit port...IMO 720p is just stupid for this board.[/citation]

Wow spelling error city... freaking headcold is making it hard to concentrate.

ITFT

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2012
Please make a version with more powerfull cpu and FULL HD support, also you could add a support of DDR3 and a single SATA port would be really awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.