VIDEO: Adreno 220 GPU in Desert Winds Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The characters dont cast any shadows!! Hopefully this is a early demo

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Not bad, now make a decent competing card for the desktop market.[/citation]

You been living under a rock? There been cards capable of that for years in the PC market. Only now have they managed to make the basic ones power efficient enough to be portable within the limited power budget a mobile device has to offer.

It can in no way touch the pc cards in performance, heck i bet the lowest budget card 3 years ago still outdo the best the mobile arena have to offer today.

Mobile gpu is good at one thing - render at minimum power. Desktop gpu is good at one thing, render gfx with maximum quality and performance. So compare them is hard since their task is so different.

I rather choose performance over limited power budget... on mobile devices you don't have the choice and rather have to live with poor performance and low quality renders.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
@Rantoc: I believe what nforce was trying to imply is that since this company can make such a competitive mobile gpu, they should be able to make it bigger to compete with the desktop gpus. Really, all they are are bigger, less efficient mobile processors with large heatsinks.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]This is AMD technology. They've sold it to Qualcomm. And this only shows how much AMD sucks. It's a too short sighted company.[/citation]
They needed sold it because they needed liquidity.

zerocoolx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Why would this need to be pre-rendered? Also, it's pretty obvious that this isn't a real game. It's just a "game demo". Think about it as a 3DMark "game demo". Lastly, AMD doesn't suck. You guys need to stop drinking the Intel kool-aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.