VIDEO: Aliens Colonial Marines E3 Demo Walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
The game looks great but I don't see any real horror behind it. Pretty much expect NPC's to be pulled through a vent over and over or die scripted deaths when fighting the aliens. This has always been a disappointment to me in games and we really should moved past it unless the death is actually meaningful and story driven. A great example of what I desire would be in STALKER Pripyat during the end of the game every NPC is vulnerable to death but none are guaranteed to die and even gives a different ending. This makes the NPC's life meaningful. Granted random space marines may not be as interesting of characters so a simple alternate ending of more of them on the ship that escapes to safety would work. Much similar to the first Resident Evil game where the endings all revolved around who was saved and them being present in the end game cutscene.

Horror is nothing without uncertainty and a struggle to keep yourself and better yet others alive. No one should be safe and certain deaths should be kept to a as needed minimum.

Rolf, it looks like a Aliens Modern Warfare hahahaha. Looks good enought graphicly, but in the gaming it looks way too scripted.
2 bad, id really love if they mixed things like: AI Director from left 4 dead, random locations on the base for mission objectives in each playthrough, very limited ammunition+weapons and ammo found in sections you can explore.

Besides, so far i have not heard its coming to the pc, so im guessing ill pass on this one :D.

silverthorn

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I was excited at first, then I realized that this is just a piece of console crap that will be ported to the PC to give us a piece of console crap that we can play on the PC....YEAH BABY !!!!!

G

Looks great! I hope the finished product will be even better, though. Pulse Rifle image is backwards, ammo counter and cocking lever should be on the right side, not the left. Yeah, I get that they want you to be able to see the ammo counter while you fire it. Okay, so make the character a lefty!

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]will be getting on the wiiu, just because i want to see the first fps on it.[/citation]
HAHAHAAHAH

Exactly what is wrong with games today. FPS on a a Nintendo console, how sad. Looks like more boring console/on the rails shooter with scripted made-for-the-movie/lowest-common-denominator stuff

viper1152005

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
this is exactly why i dont buy erevy new game. If i'm going to take the time to buy high end hardware for PC gaming, i would like a publisher to at least every year produce one or two good PC non-console port games or i just won't spend the 60$ on it. :)

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Can you guys just be excited that its an Aliens franchise game? Sure it doesnt live up to our standards yet, but imagine when we have holographic rooms like in Star Trek!? Get an Aliens game in that and it would be on like donkey kong!

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Well, I learned my lesson from buying AvP 2010 blindfolded into thinking "how could the sequel to AvP 2 be bad"? Well, I can say that I'm gonna wait this one out and see how it all plays out. I have a feeling I'll just be waiting for a $10 steam summer sale though...

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Co-op Play with 4 players ^^

- now if that scripting is dynamic.... you fast reactions can save a buddy from that vent shaft side attack - twood be near perfect
(not a fan of invulnerable scrippted mobs for minor play through scenes either)

Great looking graphics and better animation, could be loads of fun :D

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
errrrr, they need to work on the acid blood effects or is it to much for consoles to render. Also only 50 rounds on pulse rifle?????? It should be 99 as it was in the movie and previous games. I have a feeling this guy really didn't watch the movies and only watched some cut scenes shown by the publishers and he is acting like he is some die hard fan but really is not.... only in it for the money. See how gearbox screwed over DNF? I expect the same for this title :(

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]HAHAHAAHAHExactly what is wrong with games today. FPS on a a Nintendo console, how sad. Looks like more boring console/on the rails shooter with scripted made-for-the-movie/lowest-common-denominator stuff[/citation]

you either have no imagination or think that the wiiu only has a wii mote interface. you know i can see that while using the pad thing, in your lap would be firing it normally, but than bringing it up would be iron sight on the pad itself.

i personally think that this could make the fps funner on a console than on the pc

and i do find it funny how people complain about the wiiu, when in all likelyness, if it becomes the lead platform, tessellation will finally be put into every big game at launch. its honestly like you all forgot that the console, specifically the 360 is commonly the lead platform, and that the wiiu would have a gpu with a tessellation engine in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.