Question [VIDEO ATTACHED] PC starts to boot, won't post, has a beep code

thecowfishy

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
I just moved 11 hours across the country and to my dismay despite the utmost care in transporting my PC, it won't start up now upon arrival.

I've got an Asus Z390-p Motherboard, 2080 TI GPU, i-9700k CPU, 16gb of RAM, and Thermaltake ToughPower 750 W PSU

I took a video of the PC starting up and tying to post since sometimes seeing it helps.

But essentially, when I first tried to boot it up, it was doing this thing where it starts, I hear the watercoolers start kicking in, and then it turns off and tries to start again, over and over again in a 10 second loop. This has happened to me before, so I did the same thing I did last time: I reseated my RAM, reset my CMOS, and reseated my video card. I also checked all of the motherboard connections and made sure they were secure.
Tried booting it again, and then what happened in the video happened.

And that's what it's stuck on ever since. It starts booting, gets further than the boot-loop phase did, but before the part where it should post, it gives me a beep code: one long beep followed by 3 short beeps then a pause and another short beep. After that it just idles, the fans and RGB running but nothing detected on the monitor.

This system is less than a year old at this point so I'm pretty salty that it's having these issues and I really cannot afford to replace my GPU so please tell me it's something simple, save me Tom's Hardware you're my only hope!

Startup video with beep codes:
View: https://youtu.be/HTzNb4F4Hyw

thecowfishy

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
this board have 2 pci-e slot try the second one also there is a onboard video chipset in the cpu so remove gpu and test and there is a mem ok button on board you could also check q led code from manual to see what it tell .
I switched the PCI-e slots and same issue as in the video,
Disconnected the GPU completely and same issue as in the video
Also I tried the Mem_OK switch and same thing.
I was unable to locate a QLED on the motherboard

thecowfishy

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
I contacted ASUS customer support for more answers and after some guided troubleshooting thanks to one of their agents I was able to eliminate the GPU, CPU, RAM, and Power Supply as possible issues, meaning the Motherboard is the culprit.

They advised me to RMA the motherboard, which I'm in the process of doing now.

I'm gonna be sad with my rig out of commission for like 2+ weeks but it is what it is.
At least the GPU is ok