VIDEO: Bethesda Previews Skyrim Creation Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
And this part of the reason why the Elder Scrolls games are so amazing. Really tempted to have a go at doing some modding myself once this comes out, even though I have no experience whatsoever.

Azimuth01

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
The ability to add or remove moods through steam is a huge plus, but I'm still going to have to have to use a manager for the AO mods.

oxiide

Distinguished
[citation][nom]mattyg_nz[/nom]Steam Workshops?! There's DRM for mods... What has this world become?[/citation]
Oh noooo, Skyrim mods will be available right on the convenient distribution platform Skyrim is already on! What kind of Orwellian hell is this?

Seriously, I get that not every game is worth $60, but Skyrim is. Just buy it bro.

LongLiveRock1974

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
I wonder if these mods are tested before being made public. There's nothing worse than having to re install a game and other mods because the latest one you installed wasn't compatible with your game version or another mod you already have installed.

rad666

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
[citation][nom]longliverock1974[/nom]I wonder if these mods are tested before being made public. There's nothing worse than having to re install a game and other mods because the latest one you installed wasn't compatible with your game version or another mod you already have installed.[/citation]
Fortunately, since TES games are made to be modded, VERY few (if any) can actually break your game install. There are very few "version" issues with TES mods, and even then it's mostly for things like the "script extenders" since the Devs almost never muck with the plugin format, and mod conflicts are usually expressed by the later loading mod (load order is important) getting priority. In the rare cases where mod conflicts cause actual crashes, removing one or the other conflicting mods (assuming you know which ones are conflicting) usually fixes things.

Most of the time, what you have to watch out for is breaking your saves...most of the time this requires you to revert to a save prior to installing the mod. But this doesn't happen very often.

As far as my Bethesda modding credentials go, I've modded, and used many mods for, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas and I've never had to re-install my game because a mod broke something.

KotOR on the other hand...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]oxiide[/nom]Oh noooo, Skyrim mods will be available right on the convenient distribution platform Skyrim is already on! What kind of Orwellian hell is this?Seriously, I get that not every game is worth $60, but Skyrim is. Just buy it bro.[/citation]

i think he has every right to take issue with this... my question is about the less savory mods... like nude patch, or ones that technical violate a copyright... will they be available through steam... and if not will they be able to be put in the game?

----------------------------

personally, what i want to see in the game is another mod like there was for morrowind, it adds an absoluet crap ton of new weapons to the game, armor and so forth, to the extent that its not likely that you will ever see 2 of the same over a 10 hour play session.

i mean its the most obvious mod there is, add new weapons to what randomly shows up on people and in chests, not just add weapon to this spot, and now there is only 1.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I hope they focus their attention on DX11 after this! Seriously, I have been waiting SO LONG! What happened to the rumors that it would support DX11 on launch?! Think of how amazing places like Solitude would look with tesselation applied to all of the now flat, textured brick work! Also, the gates in most cities look 3D from a distance but up close you can tell it's simply a texture. I think I may wait to open my game back up once they add this patch. I have about 85 hrs already and I think I could go another 50 at least!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]oxiide[/nom]Oh noooo, Skyrim mods will be available right on the convenient distribution platform Skyrim is already on! What kind of Orwellian hell is this?Seriously, I get that not every game is worth $60, but Skyrim is. Just buy it bro.[/citation]
unless you work for gamestop/target/walmart/bestbuy. then you can get the PC version for free =]

koolkat574

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
The Steam Workshop sounds interesting, but I don't really see myself using it. The Nexus Mod Manager has become an invaluable tool for me.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i think he has every right to take issue with this... my question is about the less savory mods... like nude patch, or ones that technical violate a copyright... will they be available through steam... and if not will they be able to be put in the game? ----------------------------personally, what i want to see in the game is another mod like there was for morrowind, it adds an absoluet crap ton of new weapons to the game, armor and so forth, to the extent that its not likely that you will ever see 2 of the same over a 10 hour play session. i mean its the most obvious mod there is, add new weapons to what randomly shows up on people and in chests, not just add weapon to this spot, and now there is only 1.[/citation]
There has been a nude patch available since the first week the game came out so I don't think this is an issue. There is already a pretty sizeable modding community releasing mods online (i.e. not Steam).

G

Hi guys. Does anyone know how to add antialiasing on the character and other shadows in the game? Thanks.

SeF

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Bethesda ftw!
Skyrim is a very mod-friendly game, other companies should learn from that. It is a very nice thing, because adds much more possibilities/replayability!
The only negative point I see from Steamworks is that will kinda "split" the mod community (Steamworks x Nexus). Some mods will be only at Steamworks and vice-versa.

G

Hello everyone
I'm just here to say is that I love the game, just a little problem. Why are their no mods on ps3 or xbox 360 like there is on the steam network. I have seen these wonderful videos that only the people who have skyrim on their computer can work. Like different kill moves or different looks. You can't get that on ps3 or xbox 360. This is something that I would love, and from other comments on other cites, them too, that if you could try and make an update or something so that other people would other then people on PC would be able to get mods.

Other then that, I LOVE THE GAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.