[SOLVED] Video Card & Monitor Upgrade

giacona

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013
I am looking for some suggestions on a dual video card that has dual HDMI ports. The current card I have is an Asus Geforce GTX 1050. It's not bad card it just does not have the connections I need and I don't want to buy adapters.

I was considering the Asus Geforce 710 (90YV0E60-M0NA00), however the reviews on this card are mixed. It seems it diminishes the signal once you start connecting more than 1 monitor. Down the road I plan to connect up to 4 monitors. Even though that is the plan something tells me it's best to stick with a dual card right now and upgrade to a quad when I am ready.

I'd like to spend $200 or less on a video card, I am opening to suggestions!

I also will be upgrading to new monitors as well, since my current monitors are older to do not have HDMI . Do I need to look into any specific specifications on a monitor such as resolution or hz? Vesa mountable important for for me.

I only use my computer for internet, email, and YouTube. I am not a gamer so I do not need anything super fancy, but don't want to cheap out either

Thanks!

Solution
You're better off using DisplayPort. You are significantly more likely to find GPUs with three DisplayPort connections (most of them do) than you are to find a GPU with more than one HDMI connection. And since you're upgrading to new monitors anyway, those monitors will come with DisplayPort cables.
You're better off using DisplayPort. You are significantly more likely to find GPUs with three DisplayPort connections (most of them do) than you are to find a GPU with more than one HDMI connection. And since you're upgrading to new monitors anyway, those monitors will come with DisplayPort cables.

Solution

giacona

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks! Any suggestions on video cards off the top of your head? Or am I better off just searching the internet? Most of the monitors I have found do come with HDMI and DP, so I could use either one

Thanks! Any suggestions on video cards off the top of your head? Or am I better off just searching the internet? Most of the monitors I have found do come with HDMI and DP, so I could use either one

Since you're not using it for gaming or anything, probably just about any GPU with the right number of ports will work just fine. Since so many GPUs are overpriced or out of stock right now, you're best off searching your e-commerce website of choice for something with the number of ports you need in your price range. Don't forget to read a few reputable reviews before buying just to make sure