Video Card question.

Anybody have an idea what good 3D TV in-out video card (hopefully $125-$150 range) will
also support win95 and win98?
Radeon 9600 doesn't and I'm guessing that I'll spend hours trying to find it.

TIA

jt

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:19:32 GMT, Fitz McKay <fitz_mckay2@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Anybody have an idea what good 3D TV in-out video card (hopefully $125-$150 range) will
>also support win95 and win98?
>Radeon 9600 doesn't and I'm guessing that I'll spend hours trying to find it.
>
>TIA

No recently designed card will support Win 95, although some of the older
designs still in use might. Win95 support for video in was weak, and when
MS changed to the WDM model of drivers, most vendors stopped trying to
support 95. Win98 should be no problem to get support for. If you really
need the TV in feature, and a recent card you probably need to rethink
Win95 as a requirement.

JT

JT wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:19:32 GMT, Fitz McKay <fitz_mckay2@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Anybody have an idea what good 3D TV in-out video card (hopefully $125-$150 range) will
> >also support win95 and win98?
> >Radeon 9600 doesn't and I'm guessing that I'll spend hours trying to find it.
> >
> >TIA
>
> No recently designed card will support Win 95, although some of the older
> designs still in use might. Win95 support for video in was weak, and when
> MS changed to the WDM model of drivers, most vendors stopped trying to
> support 95. Win98 should be no problem to get support for. If you really
> need the TV in feature, and a recent card you probably need to rethink
> Win95 as a requirement.
>
> JT

Thanks for the reply JT! Great info about the background behind win95 and 98. Very much
appreciated.

Speaking of such I was looking at Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4600 because of its
compatibility with win98 and TV IN-Out: http://www.shentech.com/vixtnvgeti12.html Any
opinions on that card?

Also, has anyone ever tried using two video cards on a single motherboard? One that is
compatible with older OS's like win95 and the other for win98 win2k? Would it cause a
conflict? Or would it be uninstalled (drivers) and therefore invisible as far as the
unintended OS is concerned?