video device driver update failure

You know you are in trouble when the newsgroup menu
categories nor Microsoft support categories match your
problem. My problem is that the WinXP Automatic Update
has recently attempted, multiple times, to install a
driver:

"sunplus image software update released on November 27
2002."

My update log indicates several failures, 1 successful,
and several more failures. This seems strange but it
keeps telling me the update is available. Why is it still
trying to update from 2002? I have religiously gotten
each WinXP update as they became available and have not
installed any new hardware. My video input is an "el
cheapo" Micro Innovations web camera which works with
several video programs including Windows Media Player 9.0.

Thanks for any assistance.