VIDEO: It's World of Warcraft Using Kinect

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

He's looking into the applications the Kinect would have for Physical Therapy, this was him just playing around with it.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Why would anyone want to be hunching over every couple seconds to walk and making gestures that show up on screen almost a second later.

More proof, motion gaming = gimmick. If an action isn't 1:1 that means a good ol' kb/mouse or gamepad is still better.

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]liveonc[/nom]I can also bench press twice my weight, & I don't play WoW OR work out... ;-)[/citation]
I seriously doubt you can bench double your own weight with correct form if you don't work out.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Of course you could be completely wrong and motion gaming could actually improve on itself like a controller, keyboard or mouse. Everything improves given enough time and effort, motion gaming should always be second to a controller/mouse/keyboard, but if they can fine tune it then there's nothing wrong with it.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
LOL @ all the comments about wasting time playing WOW yet many probably wasted = amount or more hours playing Modern Warfare , Halo, or Civilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.