VIDEO: Minecraft CPU Has Memory, Performs Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Someone did something like this in Dwarf Fortress a while back, although I dont remember if it was as complex as this or not.. Pretty damn neat none the less!

G

yo we heard you like pcs so we put a pc within your pc so you can compute while you spend way too much time on minecraft..

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
"I only had a basic understanding of logic gates, flipflops, and adders before starting this project,"

i bet he now knows A LOT MORE!!

awesome stuff.
maybe somewhere in the future, this minecraft platform can grow into something advance enough to even have a fully operational computer!
maybe even an Altair Emulator???? or an Atari emulator complete with joystick and TV!!!!!

This guy is going to design alot of CPUs. Some ask why, he asks "why the hell not". To me this is like speanding a heap of time to write something in QBasic that would take a couple of hours in C++ or Java just to show you can do it. Well, to each his own ^_^

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]chokaho[/nom]Dude needs a girlfriend.[/citation]

Who says he doesn't.

Dude needs a job at a "big name" company. And this could be his portfolio.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]UGH i had trouble making double doors open with a pressure block! now i feel retarded[/citation]
It is amazing how difficult something can be that is so seemingly simple on the surface. It gives you a healthy respect for the magic that is modern day electronics.
[citation][nom]pWnD[/nom]SSSSSSSSSSSssssssss......[/citation]
Creeper says, "That's a nice CPU you have there. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it..." (yes, I realize he was playing on peaceful difficulty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS