VIDEO: Modern Warfare 2 Spread to Six Screens

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They're going about this all wrong. You have to disassemble the LCD monitors and create a custom mounting solution to bring the LCD screens closer together. Otherwise it just looks sloppy.

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
[citation][nom]mtd324[/nom]This would have to be at LEAST 2 cards in Crossfire.Eyefinity can only use 3 outputs off of one card (And one must be DisplayPort).So 2 x 3 would need to use 2 cards just for connectivity.Performance is another issue entirely.MW2 isnt that tough on a system. I think 2 5870's could play it at that resolution with AA turned off/down.....[/citation]

Actually AMD have a 6-display version of there 5870 with 2GB ram, there was an article recently about it on Tom's 'AMD Brings Phenom II X6, Eyefinity6 to PAX'. Seems to be missing from the site now, so here's a link through google's cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vteDV-ryedAJ:www.tomshardware.com/news/PAX-AMD-Phenom-II-X6,10004.html+PAX-AMD-Phenom-II-X6&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

G

With all the money you spend to buy all those LCD monitors + the eyefinity just go and buy a decent projector. MW2 at the backyard anyone? :)

rhelme

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
I think the problem here is right now this is the only solution you have to play a game and have a taller and wider viewing angle.

I agree the Bezel's do stink, but until they release a 70-90 inch 5760x2160
monitor on the market, this is what has to be done to play games at this high of a resolution.

I see that most gamers haven't lost their ability to bitch and moan.... you guys have the same thing that everyone else has.. the "cake and eat it too" syndrome.... you want super high FPS, super high res, big screens, surround gaming, but want to pay almost nothing for it...

You should applaud ATI for pushing this, because now it will hopefully push a niche market of even higher res, very thin or no bezel monitors that we all can use...

Go look at that awesome color printer that you have in your room right now that can probably print better pictures than walgreens... does anyone remember the day of the dot matrix printer???? The first color ones????

It may not be perfect, but it sure is hell is better than doing nothing to advance gaming.... after all it is easier to bitch about something for one of two reasons.... A> you really don't like it, or B> you are just jealous that you don't have that option (notice I said option) to play in that configuration at home....

Most of you should change your tags.... "Gamers: we want it all, and we don't want to pay a F#&*ING penny"

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
"What does Modern Warfare 2 look like on 6 screens?

like complete crap. I can't even stand a burnt pixel much less a freaking bar across the screen.

Mulder19

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
[citation][nom]filmman03[/nom]achieving 60fps on the PC version of mw2 on a 40"+ HDTV will be the result of what 60fps on the Xbox 360 version of mw2 looks like. difference is, keyboard & mouse FTW![/citation]

Nope. MW2 only runs at 1024x600 on the 360. It is just upscaled to 1080p. Not only can a pc render the game at true HD, a PC can render the game, as seen in this video, at 6 times that resolution.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
It would be nice with 6 projectors where you can align the edges of the screens/projected displays instead of the FAT monitor bezels. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.