Question Video output randomly cuts out

Oct 2, 2023
Hi,

I have recently changed my mobo and processor, but kept the same 3090 gpu and RM850 PSU.

Since the change, my PC can randomly (though mostly under stress) cut out the video output. I can still hear on my headphones and often hear a Windows message.

Is there a way for me to check what has caused this. I am assuming either overheat or PSU, but I wondered if there is some log to check what that message may be or if there is a gpu logger I can use.

Sorry if not enough info, my first post!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Essentially a before and after of your specs.
+
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. What did the PSU power through it's service time? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you reinstall the OS after the platform migration?

Oct 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Essentially a before and after of your specs.
+
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. What did the PSU power through it's service time? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you reinstall the OS after the platform migration?

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900x3d

CPU cooler:Corsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX

Motherboard:ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F WIFI

Ram:32GB of Corsair Vengeance (2x16)

GPU: zotec rtx3090

PSU: rm850x

Psu is 5 years old, Windows was 10 pro pre migration, was completely reinstalled and is 11pro.

I don't have Chassis or ssd models to hand, but is a full tower and 1 tb m.2 ( c drive) and 2 tb m.2 drive for games

TRENDING THREADS