[SOLVED] Video Settings on BFV forRTX 2060

May 22, 2019
Can someone tell me the best settings to set Battlefield 5 on for RTX 2060 to have the least spikes possible?
I have a 1440x900 monitor.

Solution
I would think increasing graphics setting would help smooth out the frametimes. I would imagine framerate would be all over the place playing at low settings 900p with CPU usage at near 100% without vsync or some sort of framerate cap. Frametimes usually suffer when you pin a CPU in a game like that.

What is "sad" or not fun is up to opinion. If you want to play on low to get rid of any possible distractions great, if you want to play maxed out to enjoy the visuals great, who cares. Like WildCard said the OP wants the game to run smoother lets focus on that.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
CPU? It sounds weird but if it's not running very smooth I would increase graphics settings and try to get more load on the GPU, with that low of a resolution a lot of the load will be on the CPU. In my experience having the CPU constantly hitting and dropping below 100% usage ( which it is likely doing at lower settings) can cause some stuttering.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I would think increasing graphics setting would help smooth out the frametimes. I would imagine framerate would be all over the place playing at low settings 900p with CPU usage at near 100% without vsync or some sort of framerate cap. Frametimes usually suffer when you pin a CPU in a game like that.

What is "sad" or not fun is up to opinion. If you want to play on low to get rid of any possible distractions great, if you want to play maxed out to enjoy the visuals great, who cares. Like WildCard said the OP wants the game to run smoother lets focus on that.

Solution