Video Streaming - PC built

SAngeli

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Hi,
I need to assemble a new PC for live streaming video on the Internet as well as reproduce the same output to a projector.

Software: Windows 10 Pro x64 and OBS Studio X64
Stream platform: YouTube at either 1080p/30 or 1080p/50
Internet: I have 9Mbps upload speed being quite consistent
Hardware: 2 x 1080p/50 Handycams + 2 x Blackmagic design Intensity Pro 4K capture cards and one assembled PC

I need to identify the correct PC camcorders and here is where I need your help.
I was told that the majority of encoding and video processing is done by the CPU. Hence it is a must to have a Core i7 (I prefer Intel if possible) and a GPU with 4GB RAM. Initially I thought spending around €700 but I figured out ending up with a total of €1.500.

Here is what I have in mind/found

MOBO: To be chosen among Asus, ASRock and Gigabyte - chipset Z270 no "OC"
CPU: Intel I7-7700 or 7700K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX - Kit 16GB
GPU: GigaByte GV-N105TWF20C-4GD
SSD: Crucial MX300 SSD M.2 275GB Type 2280
PSU: Corsair RM650x 650 Watt CP-9020091-EU
PC Case: Perhaps Corsair brand
HDD: 5.400 rpm WD Red NAS 1TB WD10EFRX
CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-U14S
Rear Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14
Front Case Fan: Noctua NF-S12A PWM
Keyboard: Logitech Deluxe 250
Mouse: Logitech Optical Mouse RX250
Monitor: undecided

Grand Total: €1.500,00 +/-

Here few questions:
1. I am aware that using 3 PCIe boards (1GUP+2capture cards) GPU lane will drop from 16 to 8. Is this an important issue for this project?
2. what mobo and model can you suggest me choosing? Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte?
3. Is this an adeguate PC or is there room for saving some money? I had an initial budget of €700 but I realised that even cheap PC you find on the Internet all/most of them come with a mini-ATX mobo where instead I need a ATX with three PCIe (at least 8x,4x,4x) plus few more free at 1x. Ideal would be 16x,4x,4x (ASRock Z270 Supercarrier) but it costs way too much and do not think the extra money for retaining the 16x is worth the cost.

Please let me know.
Many thank....

Lutfij

Titan
I've seen people start out with a build that was meant for streaming but eventually it became so whereby some or almost all their video uploads underwent video editing. if that will be the case for you in the future, you should look at more than 16GB's of ram.

Are you going to play games off the machine? if so, you should be looking at a much beefier GPU and that recommendation will increase if you're looking at a multi monitor setup with titles and their settings maxed out(or at least at high).

You can drop down to a Cryorig H7 cooler since you're not looking at the i7-7700K(or are you? Since you've included a Z270 board).

Answeres:
1| Ideally you should maintain the 16 lanes for your GPU however the test done here state that your loss would be minuscule.

2| Depends on what you have available and at what price, some people are brand loyal while some just go for a brand they feel comfortable with.

3| If you're initial budget is 1500Euro's and you can wait a while, I'd suggest that you stock up on more information and wait until Ryzen reviewers are set free of their NDA's. Early reports say they will be turning heads in the market. If the reviews turn out bad, then you can spend the money on an Intel build.

It's possible to downsize the board to an matx if all you're going to need is 3 PCIe slots+where are you located?

SAngeli

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Hi and thank you so much for your time and answers.
I will try to answer your questions so that we can best figure out what to purchase, at the end.

I might be looking at i7-7700K but will not do any Overclocking. I believe I will opt for Z270 chipset that allows overclocking and faster ram. Can I ask what is the preferred ram clock speed to choose from?
Here some example of supported mobo ram:
DDR4 3866+(OC)*/3733(OC)/3600(OC)/3200(OC)/2933(OC)/2800(OC)/2400**/2133

I will not stream games but only live events, like a conference events. I will use two cameras in 1080p/50 resolution. So, at the end 8x for GPU will be fine.

My initial budget was €700 but I was superficial in my research. I realized that in order to have a valid system, that not only will be suitable for my current project but also for future years to come, I have to spend more money. I have to assemble this PC during this month: this is my timeframe. I decided to set myself a max budget of €1.500 and believe the above hardware list is more than adeguate. Perhaps, if I can I would like to upgrate the CPU choice to 7700K even if I will not do any OC.

As for the motherboard I have been told that Asus and Gigabyte are the best because they have a good BIOS/firmware: Asus even better. I have been hearing good things about ASRock but I was discouraged from this brand.
ASRock I identified two models: "Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6" or "Z270 Extreme4"
Asus and Gigabyte still have to look and decide. I must be assured that with three PCIe 3.0/2.0 card I can reach at least ( 8x, 8x, 4x).
Can someone suggest couple of mobo in the range of €150-€200 max where I can have three PCIe and reach at least 8x, 4x, 4x with Z270 chipset? I wish to limit the brand name to Asus, Gigabyte and ASRock. I would greatefully appreciate it.

Many thanks in advanced...