VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD Ryzen 1500X CPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kindokid

Prominent
Jul 10, 2018
So this problem has been going on for about half a year now. I am constantly getting video scheduler internal errors on my PC. I first build my PC half a year ago and the BSOD's have not stopped. I also got some memory management BSOD's but I managed to stop them. I have a ryzen 1500x cpu and I have tried 3 different GPU's, all three of them giving the same BSOD. GPU's being a ZOTAC gtx 1070 mini, a GT 1030 and more recently an EVGA GTX 1070 Ti SC. I am also unable to play any games. I have tried DDU a billion times with uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, I have tried checking for corrupted files in windows, I have tried underclocking my GPU as well as overclocking. I have reset windows but the problem has not fixed. I got the windows 10 pro USB from a friend, he said he has used this USB for other PC's and it worked fine. I have not tried updating BIOS recently or doing anything to my CAS timings. I have also done stress tests for my CPU and ram mem tests aswell.

kindokid

Prominent
Jul 10, 2018

all my parts are around half a year old. After trying one of my other GPU's I can confirm that there was some VRAM corruption - which caused the previous 'memory management' BSOD's. But there is another problem which is causing the video scheduler internal error BSOD's - which is what we are trying to figure out. He did not test any games, so I will try and contact him again.

kindokid

Prominent
Jul 10, 2018
I still haven't found a solution, (I've been very busy for the past few months) but I wan't to focus on this again. I did a memtest with many loops and it said there were no errors, i tried prime95 and it said rounding 0.5, expected lower than 0.4 or something like that, which I don't know what that means. I feel like the GPU is not the only problem, but may also be the CPU, mobo or RAM, I just don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
CPU isn't overclocked right?

Prime95 rounding errors are exactly what they sound like - rounding errors. Prime95 detected that your CPU miscalculated something - that's a sign of instability.

Before you do anything, you need to restore BIOS defaults and verify that your system is stable then. You can worry about overclocking after stability at stock settings is verified.

what does it show in the stress.txt file it created? I don't know where it put the file, maybe in your documents folder

I am going to get a 2nd opinion from people with Ryzen CPU. CPU may just need more power.

datNinjaOtter

Honorable
May 23, 2013

Jumping in this thread because HOLY COW, this is all exactly, and I mean exactly, like my issues. But it goes deeper. I have replaced almost every component in my system throughout trying to deal with this issue. Went from a 1700x to a 2700x, upgraded to a new X470 motherboard from a different manufacturer around the same time. A new GPU, new RAM, new power supply, everything.

And interestingly, I get the SAME issue in prime95. Can't find much information on it other than "your CPU is busted". Is it just a Ryzen incompatibility? Many don't seem to have the issue. Others that do don't seem to have the same VIDEO_SCHEDULER issues. You're the first I've found.

Programs that use hardware video acceleration such as games and OpenGL rendered stuff have a strong tendency to crash and restart. Some of these lead to immediate VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSODs at random.

I've reinstalled Windows 2 times, testing different games both times before trying to reinstall all of my usual stuff.

It's really doing my head in.

Kindokid, would you be willing to export a text file from System Information for me? I'd love to see if we share any of the same hardware, anything weird, even stuff like USB devices. Figure out if there's at least one common link.

Here's mine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aG6Zi2FQ0D0nrwtW5lcfZaEl7zMQUZmj

Jan 13, 2019

In fact, I have the very same problem with the op for almost a year since probably the begining of 2018 since MS released a big update, I got this random BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. sometimes when playing game, browsing things, or happen even just right at the windows log-in page and needed to restart again.

After seeing this stop code, just like you. I went to check first at my GTX 1070, replaced it to GTX1070Ti, got the same issue, then replaced it again to the current one GTX1080 with all different brand. And then realized perhaps the VGA is not the cause.

I use Ryzen 5 1600 with Gigabyte Mobo, equipped with a platinum labeled PSU. After reading this thread like half a year ago, I think it might really be the incompatibility issue.

I reinstalled windows 10 pro for like 5-6 times already and that didn't solve the problem. But one thing I noticed is that if you install the AM4 driver chipset it will increase the rate of BSOD occurrence, I checked by installing the chipset driver and remove it, it reduces the chance of having this BSOD. But it's still there at random tho just less frequent. You can try it and share the feedback.

PS. Sorry for my bad English.

Jan 16, 2019
Ok, soooo...I'm glad I found this thread because I've been having the same issue. I built this PC myself, my first ever build. It seems like we all have an AMD Ryzen CPU in common. I've been updating drivers left and right, re-installed my GPU and memory, still the same BSOD at random times. Sometimes as soon as I turn on the PC and other times when I start a game, just at random moments.
I have a GTX1060, Ryzen 2600X, HyperX Fury 8g x2, Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming MoBo, NZXT H500i (with the fancy lights).
We all seem to have a Ryzen CPU.
Have any of you found a solution...or the problem?
I was thinking of building another rig for a family member of mine but this is making doubt my future efforts.

datNinjaOtter

Honorable
May 23, 2013

I think the most infuriating part is that... this is hardly a common issue. There are TONS of people with Ryzen CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs that obviously have no problems at all, but so far, yes, that seems to be our only similarities. Nonetheless, I'm glad for at least a touch of narrowing on this issue.

However, just to repeat: the fact that this issue of mine has persisted across multiple GPUs, CPUs, and MOBOs (all Ryzen and Nvidia), and reformatting strategies is still completely bewildering to me.

datNinjaOtter

Honorable
May 23, 2013
eKDhOBI.png

Also, when my games crash (not BSOD crashes), I get errors like this, like access to my video card has been temporarily lost. This happens constantly in almost all games, and with all applications that don't take kindly to a video card restart.

datNinjaOtter

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Just popping back in here to say that I never figured out the problem or a Ryzen-compatible solution.

After changing my CPU (1700x -> 2700x) and my mobo (Gigabyte x270 -> Asus x370) and my GPU (Gigabyte GTX 1060 -> EVGA 1070) and my power supply (550w -> 750w) and reformatting 5-6 times along the way, I finally switched up to an Intel i9 9900k and a Gigabyte Z390 mobo and every one of my issues are gone. I didn't even need to reformat. Plus, I can finally push my RAM to its max 3200mhz with full stability.

Sorry to any Googlers coming here looking for a solution :(

May 11, 2019
eKDhOBI.png

Also, when my games crash (not BSOD crashes), I get errors like this, like access to my video card has been temporarily lost. This happens constantly in almost all games, and with all applications that don't take kindly to a video card restart.
Wow I cannot believe I have found this thread, I’m have the exact same issue and have done all the things you guys have done, replaced everything in my PC I also have a Ryzen 1500x and an RTX 2060 and get the exact same game crash and bsods cannot believe the is no fix to this, so it hasn’t to be I compatibility issue?